HC-06 Arduino LED Send String

Hey everyone,

I needed some help with using my Arduino Uno, a Bluetooth HC-06, and 66x8 WS2812B LED strips. I have connected them using single wires per strip, and use PORTD to configure port manipulation. I have made everything work in the script including Scrolling the text, but I want to be able to change the char* text to the one I provide over the bluetooth with an Android phone or something.

The char* is named jabberText.
What exactly do I have to do to get the bluetooth HC-06 to cooperate and change the data of jabberText to whatever I send with my phone?

In attachment is my current code for the Arduino Uno to control the LED’s

Thank you,
revengedeath.

LEDControl.ino (17.7 KB)

LEDControl.ino (17.7 KB)

revengedeath:
What exactly do I have to do to get the bluetooth HC-06 to cooperate and change the data of jabberText to whatever I send with my phone?

Nothing. The sole purpose of Bluetooth is to simply pass whatever is received from the phone to Arduino.

revengedeath:
Can anyone help me on this issue?

Not without a lot more detail from you.

I have made everything work in the script including Scrolling the text,

So why have you not posted it? How can we tell you what to do if we don't know what you have done?

but I have a char*

A char* is a pointer to a character, maybe even a character string, but it is not the string itself, it is just the location where you will find the string.

Please read this:-
How to use this forum as it will tell you how to post code here and how to ask a good question.

Does your display currently show "Welcome To Eds Fire Inc" ?