HC-06 AT commands not working

Hello,

I’ve been trying for several hours to get my AT commands working on the HC-06 without succes.
First I’ve used my module on a 9600 baud rate with processing to test the speed of the module. I do have the RX line to 3.3V.

Now whatever I try for the AT commands nothing happens.
Here is the code that I found as an example, I’ve changed the RX and TX pins multiple times, set monitor to CR & NL. Baud rate is currently still at 9600, because when I set to 115200 it won’t receive anything. I’ve tried adding 2s delays everywhere because you need to send the commands within 1 second on this module.

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

SoftwareSerial mySerial(5, 6); // RX, TX

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Serial.println("Enter AT commands:");
  mySerial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
  if (mySerial.available()) {
    Serial.write(mySerial.read());   
  }
  if (Serial.available()) {
    mySerial.write(Serial.read());
  }
}

Now I have no clue what I am doing wrong… I am using an Arduino Uno. Whatever I enter in the serial monitor nothing happens, it also returns nothing.

Thanks for any help.

I've basically tried everything that I've found on this forums or other forums, but still no connection with AT commands.

When in AT command mode the baud rate is 38400.

from this instructable:

For HC06:
So once the module is connected to usb-ttl converter and powered up, open arduino, select the usb-ttl com port, set baud rate to 38400. No other settings have to be applied unlike HC05. And for Tera therm, select appropriate com port, go to setup>serial port>set the baud rate to 38400, go to setup>terminal>check the local echo box and everything is set.

If you are using serial monitor, nothing is sent until you hit send (enter) so the 1 second thing should not apply.

groundFungus: When in AT command mode the baud rate is 38400.

from this instructable:

If you are using serial monitor, nothing is sent until you hit send (enter) so the 1 second thing should not apply.

The baud rate isn't 38400 in AT mode. But luckily I got it working now, I removed the 3.3V 'level shifter' or how you call it and I just applied 5V to it and it worked. After setting baud rate to 115200 I set it back to 3.3V and it works like it should now! Thanks!

You're right, it's 9600, and the last place you go to for the real story is an Instructable. Your problem is pretty weird though, maybe the Rx wiring was a bit dodgy. Sloppy breadboard perhaps?

Nick_Pyner: You're right, it's 9600, and the last place you go to for the real story is an Instructable. Your problem is pretty weird though, maybe the Rx wiring was a bit dodgy. Sloppy breadboard perhaps?

Yes you're right as well, I think I just connected it completely wrong and it probably didn't even make connection.. But I'm glad it's at 115200 now :D