HC-06 bluetooth module

I just got a new HC-06 bluetooth module and I was wondering if there were any apps that support this on IOS.

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/bluetuino-connect-your-device/id1079088294?l=en&mt=8

Hi, I've downloaded almost every Arduino Bluetooth app around. Most of them were pretty trash but I found one that worked great! It is called Bluetooth Electronics. You can also go to Keuwl.com to see the app and download it.

Here is the link to download it from:
Google Play--https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keuwl.arduinobluetooth
Amazon--Bluetooth Electronics:Amazon.com:Appstore for Android

So far I haven't found a good app for IOS, but perhaps you can graft the play store onto your Iphone, I did that to mine. If you have other questions just ask me, I have done a fair amount of research and work with the HC-06 Bluetooth Module. Also another thing to think about depending on what your trying to do, would be to use the module to talk back and forth between two Arduinos, creating a hand-held remote control.

Good Luck!

CraftingStudio:
I just got a new HC-06 bluetooth module and I was wondering if there were any apps that support this on IOS.

Sorry this is a few weeks old... but there is a decent iOS app that will allow you to control your BLE device called Bluetuino. I am not sure it will work with the HC-06 bluetooth module though, as that is not BLE. Worth a try though!

Why download a app when you can make your own? App inventor connects perfectly to hc06
And u can use it for create your own perfect interface and program a fully functional app easly

andre123aei:
Why download a app when you can make your own? App inventor connects perfectly to hc06
And u can use it for create your own perfect interface and program a fully functional app easly

The OP was asking about iOS, Andre.
AppInventor is only available for Android as far as I am aware - though I think there are (or were) some similar alternatives. Also, HC-06 is not the latest version of Bluetooth - BLE - which was implemented a few years ago and is what has been used on Macs, iPhones and iPads since around 2012.
Sadly, my MacBook is late 2011 so I’m unable to use BLE from that, but I have tested it on both my iPhone and iPad with the latest HM-10 BLE module and all works perfectly.

Sorry for my noob reply :frowning:

andre123aei:
Sorry for my noob reply :frowning:

Not at all Andre, I apologise, honestly I didn't mean to make you feel that way!
I wish it was as straightforward to develop apps on iOS as it is on Android! It's so frustrating. Darned Apple eh!

iOS won't connect to SPP (Serial port profile) the HC-06 offers, so no go.

Android or BLE-module is the way to go.

// Per.

Hey I had this same problem and I really like using this app (The LightBlue app):

just in case this helps anyone :slight_smile: