HC-06 paired but not connected

I'm hoping someone can help me to get my HC-06 Up and running. The HC-06 is paired to the PC and Android. The problem is it does not get connected. Even though it is paired the LED on the HC-06 keeps blinking. Any help is appreciated.

tomed3210:
I'm hoping someone can help me to get my HC-06 Up and running. The HC-06 is paired to the PC and Android. The problem is it does not get connected. Even though it is paired the LED on the HC-06 keeps blinking. Any help is appreciated.

What software are you using?

I've only used Bluetooth on an Android and I know the program has to instruct the Android to connect with the Bluetooth module.

What software are you using on the Arduino?

Nick posted some links in this post to his Bluetooth documentation.

tomed3210:
The HC-06 is paired to the PC and Android. The problem is it does not get connected. Even though it is paired the LED on the HC-06 keeps blinking.

First up, no matter how smart you get, all activity is done at the PC or Android end. This is because only a master device can initiate the connection, that is what masters do, and the HC-06 is a slave-only device.

Since you have an Android, I suggest you confine yourself to that for the moment, it may well be all you need anyway.

There is a rather unsubtle difference between seeing and pairing, and I believe you have only gotten to the seeing stage. The pairing is done by the Android operating system, which essentially makes the address book, so the app can subsequently establish the connection.

So, In the settings section, Android sniffs for Bluetooth and finds the HC-06. The actual pairing must be expedited by you and the LED stops blinking, i.e. the O/S is talking to bluetooth OK, and Linvor is on the dance card. When you exit that, the LED starts blinking again. The useful connection is then made via the app, and the LED goes out.