HC-12 Signal Strength to LCD

How hard would it be to print the band mhz and signal strength to a lcd shield on a arduino mega 2560? What settings would I need to change on the HC-12?

Not possible to get the signal strength, but the band Mhz is directly related to the Channel number and the channel spacing is 40 Khz , so if you can measure what frequency CH1 is you can determine the frequency of the rest of the channels.

mauried:
Not possible to get the signal strength, but the band Mhz is directly related to the Channel number and the channel spacing is 40 Khz , so if you can measure what frequency CH1 is you can determine the frequency of the rest of the channels.

Is there any module I could use that would allow me to get signal strength? At the same mhz of course. And would signal strength in any way allow me to calculate some sort of distance

Signal strength cant be used to measure distance as there are too many other variables that affect it , and even if you can get a signal strength measurement, it will simply a number that goes up and down, but doesnt tell you anything.

GN1TE:
Is there any module I could use that would allow me to get signal strength? At the same mhz of course. And would signal strength in any way allow me to calculate some sort of distance

An RFM22B or SI4432 which are SPI devices will provide an RSSI reading, but its of little value in even giving a indication of distance. Best you could hope for is to tell the difference between close and far way, whatever that might mean.

srnet:
An RFM22B or SI4432 which are SPI devices will provide an RSSI reading, but its of little value in even giving a indication of distance. Best you could hope for is to tell the difference between close and far way, whatever that might mean.

What would you estimate the range of these devices to be? If it's less than a mile then signal strength Doesn't matter much at all.

GN1TE:
What would you estimate the range of these devices to be? If it's less than a mile then signal strength Doesn't matter much at all.

Anything from 50m to 300km, depending on the environment, antennas and their orientation.

The large differences is one of the reason RSSI is a very poor, as in next to useless, measure of distance.