HC05 in stand alone mode

I am using the HC05 module for regular UART applications and all well. But i realized that the original module as shown below has many Programmable In/OUT pins which are not used at all. These pins as i can see can be controlled by AT commands. Just wanted to know if anyone has used these effectively ? I have an application where i just have to send pulse data ( max frequency about 200 Hz ) at 500ms intervals to a base MCU through the BT link. Right now i have a Nano doing the pulse reading and the HC05 is used only to beam the pulse count. ( I am NOT using the module that is fitted on a base board )

download.jpg

Hi, so if you just want to send/receive data from any smartphone/tablet you dont need AT comands. In this case you just need RX, TX, VCC and GND pins.
Usually people use AT mode to make master/slave pairs, or auto connect the HC-05 to the smartphone via address code. And use it to edit defaults from module.

This link might help:

I hope I had help you.

David_Pires:
Hi, so if you just want to send/receive data from any smartphone/tablet you dont need AT comands. In this case you just need RX, TX, VCC and GND pins.

This link might help:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Receive-Arduino-Sensor-Data-on-Your-Android/

I hope I had help you.

I don't use the module with the base board ... I know the moment i called it HC05 the immediate picture is to imagine what is generally available on the E-bay site. Reason why i had linked to the bare module that i had used. The link that you provided is a basic one but what i am trying is to NOT use a MCU along with the HC05 and instead use its own MCU the CSR BC417 chip. It has many I/O pins that are unused.

Thanks for trying to help anyway !