header files trouble after computer reset

hey,
after resetting my Mac and copying all data from my external storage (simply copying Arduino folder with all the projects and libs) I get the following error when opening library manager in the Arduino IDE:

arduino_418541 no Header-Files (.h) in arduino_418541 found

consequently I cannot compile any code using any libs. (modifying the name if the lib in the code gives error library not found but when using correct lib name seems like the lib actually IS found. nevertheless I get errors like "second was not declared In this scope" - meaning time.h was not found)

how can I include all the libs again so that everything works as it was before?

thanks for your help!!!!

Hello,

Sorry but I do not have MAC,

Have you tried to download the IDE again and restart the process of adding the libraries to the libraries folder?

Maybe it might help with something:

TobiasCrackz:
I get the following error when opening library manager in the Arduino IDE:

arduino_418541 no Header-Files (.h) in arduino_418541 found

Move the folder {sketchbook folder}/libraries/arduino_418541 somewhere outside of the libraries folder (actually I would just delete it). You can find the location of {sketchbook folder} in the Arduino IDE at File > Preferences > Sketchbook location.

TobiasCrackz:
but when using correct lib name seems like the lib actually IS found. nevertheless I get errors like "second was not declared In this scope" - meaning time.h was not found)

You're being really vague, which makes it difficult for us to help you. There is a file named time.h in the toolchain so even if you didn't have any libraries installed you would still be able to include that file name. However, time.h is not the same as the Time.h of the popular Time library. When the wrong file is used, it causes errors like the one you encountered. For this reason, recent versions of the Time library have a file named TimeLib.h, which you should use instead of Time.h.

rtek1000:
Have you tried to download the IDE again

The IDE is probably not an issue in this case. I happen to know that library folder names like arduino_418541 will always be found in the sketchbook folder and the sketchbook folder is not touched by re-installing the Arduino IDE>

hey guys,
thanks for your answers. i deleted the folder arduino_418541 and updated all librarys found in "updates avaiable" overview in lib manager in the IDE.
now it works again :))

I’m glad to hear it’s working for you. Enjoy!
Per