Headers

Hi
I am a newbe to Arduino.

I want to know how to use a micro without headers for a project that I need. Do I simply solder components to the holes where headers are located on micros with headers? I just dont get why they make them without headers despite googling all night.

Do I simply solder components to the holes where headers are located on micros with headers?

Yes

They sell versions without headers because some people like to solder directly to the board without having the headers stick out. Why didn't you just get one with headers on it? But yes, you can always solder them yourself. Just make sure you don't short anything out! Adafruit has a nice soldering tutorial if you're just getting started.

Nala:
Hi
I am a newbe to Arduino.

I want to know how to use a micro without headers for a project that I need. Do I simply solder components to the holes where headers are located on micros with headers? I just dont get why they make them without headers despite googling all night.

You already have one reason, I have needed to solder wires to a NANO because there was no room for headers in the enclosure. Another, I needed the pins on the other side of the NANO. Another case, I wanted female headers.

Paul