Headstart on ADB to USB Adapter

Before I start a project on converting an ADB to USB Adapter, I want to first check I have what I need and can maximize my use of available libraries for my project.

I have an extra arduino nano v3, and a teensy 3.2 board, and both fit the form factor criteria, but I assume the teensy would be the way to go as it has all the built in USB super tools. However, a cursory glance at available libraries do not seem to target the 3.2 board.

Would I be better off just picking up an old teensy 2 board to save myself headache, or is there a library I could use to repurpose the hardware I already have?

I don’t have any experience with input device communication, but I am a programmer, so I could figure it out if need be, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it would be quite the deep rabbit hole just for the simple functionality I want. I do have experience with the keyboard to pc programming, so it is only the adb interpretation that I lack knowledge in.

For clarification, by adb I mean Apple Desktop Bus. I am getting an old obsolete AEK(Apple Extended Keyboard) keyboard working.

Do you mean ADB == Apple Desktop Bus?
What do you want to connect? to what purpose?

olf2012:
Do you mean ADB == Apple Desktop Bus?
What do you want to connect? to what purpose?

Apple Desktop Bus to get an old obsolete AEK keyboard working. Why would I do that? Orange Alps.

rich1051414:
Apple Desktop Bus to get an old obsolete AEK keyboard working. Why would I do that?

That sounds like ADB does not mean Apple Desktop Bus.

But you have not told us what it does mean.

...R

Robin2:
That sounds like ADB does not mean Apple Desktop Bus.

But you have not told us what it does mean.

...R

...It means Apple Desktop Bus... I don't understand what you don't understand xD

rich1051414:
...It means Apple Desktop Bus... I don't understand what you don't understand xD

I was confused by your "Why would I do that?"

...R

Some documentation for the ADB (from 1998) can still be found at Apple. I found it through a link from the Wikipedia article on ADB