Heart-Beat project

Hey everyone,

I not a complete beginner at Arduino and I know the fundamentals of coding but I know I'm going to need some assistance. My project is a system that reads your heartbeat and then plays a song with the corresponding BPM.

I just need help with a few things.

1. What kind of library system should I use to categorize the songs based off of bpm?

Our best bet, to get this as a standalone system, is to put the music on an SD card and have a reader attached.

1. How would I get the code to select the song in that library?

I'm thinking, we name the songs with the bpm at the beginning 1.e."120-Songname". But how would i get the code to only read those first three lines

There aren't many projects that have this type of systems from what I can find but if anyone knows of any please refer me to them!

Thanks, SuperChicken

1. What kind of library system should I use to categorize the songs based off of bpm?

Do you suspect that we have a clue how YOU want to "categorize the songs based off of BPM"?

Why do you think you need a library to do that?

1. How would I get the code to select the song in that library?

You can't even begin to do that until you know which song to select for a given range of BPMs.

I'm thinking, we name the songs with the bpm at the beginning 1.e."120-Songname". But how would i get the code to only read those first three lines

Lines go left and right. Columns go up and down. Converting from a number, BPM, to a string is trivial. The itoa() function does that. If you were smart, the song name would be BPM.wav or BPM.mp3, depending on how you intend to play the song, so you could easily manufacture the name, as text, knowing the BPM as an int.