Heartbeat Simulation (light, sound and haptic feedback)

Hello!

I am very very new to arduino, be warned. Though I do have an understanding of the function I desire, and am very optimistic.

I am looking to develop an arduino that simuates the sound of the heartbeat (speakers connected to SD card reader that holds the recorded heartbeat track), the visual indicator of the heartbeat (leds pulsing) and also haptic feedback, or the 'feeling' of a heartbeat (vibration motor like this http://nicegear.co.nz/electronics-gear/vibration-motor/) These all need to be in sync with the set rate of the heartbeat which will be around 110-120 bpm.

If you have any experience or suggestions with any of these functions I am trying to achieve, I would love to hear from you!

:)

Hello!

I am very very new to arduino, be warned. Though I do have an understanding of the function I desire, and am very optimistic.

I am looking to develop an arduino that simuates the sound of the heartbeat (speakers connected to SD card reader that holds the recorded heartbeat track), the visual indicator of the heartbeat (leds pulsing) and also haptic feedback, or the 'feeling' of a heartbeat (vibration motor like this http://nicegear.co.nz/electronics-gear/vibration-motor/) These all need to be in sync with the set rate of the heartbeat which will be around 110-120 bpm.

If you have any experience or suggestions with any of these functions I am trying to achieve, I would love to hear from you!

:)

speakers connected to SD card reader

You are really going to need to connect the speakers to something else, like a wave shield or mp3 player.

the visual indicator of the heartbeat (leds pulsing)

LEDs don't pulse. They are either on or off.

vibration motor like this

Link to useless page snipped. You really need to look at the manufacturer's site, to see how much current that motor draws, to determine what additional electronics may be needed.

These all need to be in sync with the set rate of the heartbeat which will be around 110-120 bpm.

What does "in sync" mean with respect to a recorded track? How do you plan to determine when the beat starts? When it ends?

Hi avara

PaulS:

These all need to be in sync with the set rate of the heartbeat which will be around 110-120 bpm.

What does "in sync" mean with respect to a recorded track? How do you plan to determine when the beat starts? When it ends?

Could you live with an audio sample of just one heartbeat (I mean the double "ba-boom" sound)? If so, you could repeatedly trigger the sample, the LEDs and the vibration at the desired heart rate.

Regards

Ray

PaulS:

the visual indicator of the heartbeat (leds pulsing)

LEDs don't pulse. They are either on or off.

But with PWM you can fake pulses quite well

merged cross-post (please don’t do that)

Hackscribble: Hi avara

Could you live with an audio sample of just one heartbeat (I mean the double "ba-boom" sound)? If so, you could repeatedly trigger the sample, the LEDs and the vibration at the desired heart rate.

Regards

Ray

Hi Ray!

That is how I was thinking it would function as the heartbeat rate will be constant it should be achievable. Would you have any idea of where to find a similar project or tutorial that I could work to? I am currently working on making a wav file play from sd card to speaker but having no luck and also it requires the music file to be a very low quality which is not pleasant on the ears! any direction would be appreciated :)

Thanks for you help.

Avara.

Something like this?

http://www.adafruit.com/products/94