HEAT - COOL control button

Will pay. Inherited a laundromat. Occasionally used so can't afford to keep hot or cold when not in use. Want two buttons, one labelled HEAT, the other COOL. I can handle the buttons and the packaging. When customer comes in and it's hot, they push the COOL button and the a/c comes on for a defined time...perhaps 15 min or reaches a defined temp, perhaps 75 degrees, then goes to defined set-back temp, perhaps 85 degrees. Reverse for HEAT with a defined NTE temp of, perhaps 70 degrees and defined set-back temp of perhaps 50 degrees. This function can be repeated an infinite number of times if the person stays in the laundromat. Need separate simple 1-C dry contact low voltage relays as output. I'm EE, but new to Arduino, so likely easier to hire someone to jump-start my learning curve. I just purchased a Uno Vilros kit that looks as if it will do all this. I have embellishments to this in mind once we get the basic functionality. Email me with interest and estimate: canaanbill@gmail.com.

I can take a look at this for you but there is already a lot of code out there to do something like this

Cheers Pete.

Hi Pete;

Thanks for the response. Would really appreciate it if you could point me toward a resource. I'm just so new to this community that I don't know where to go for much of any help.

--Bill

Canaanbill:
Hi Pete;

Thanks for the response. Would really appreciate it if you could point me toward a resource. I'm just so new to this community that I don't know where to go for much of any help.

--Bill

Here you go Make Your Own Temperature Controller with an Arduino

Cheers Pete.

Thanks Pete, I'll study that.

Hi Bill,

I've also emailed you some ideas.

Pat.

If you just want to close a relay based on button presses and a timer, that's easy.

If you want "reaches a defined temp, perhaps 75 degrees", well, how is the arduino supposed to know what temperature it is? You are going to need more than a couple of buttons in a box - it's going to need a thermometer as well. Unless your cooler/heater has a thermostat of its own.