Heat humidity range alarm and display

I might be the lucky owner of some snake eggs in the coming weeks. I would like arduino uno to monitor the temperature and heat (dht11), print to a llcd screen and if the measurements go above or below a range for an alarm (buzzer) to sound. If it's possible using 5vpr 12v fans to increase speed of fan to raise humidity when needed (I am in a humid environment so room humidity should be fine) if not then when alarm sounds I will manually mist.

The heat source is controlled by a sperate stat so no need for that to be included.

I have done lots of research (mainly chicken egg) into existing projects and there doesn't seem to be any with just monitoring and alarm function when outside set range.

Thanks, Mike

What you want to do sounds quite simple
Read temperature and humidity from DH11 - plenty of examples with the library
Display values on an LCD - again, plenty of examples with the library
Sound an alarm when values out of range - how complicated is an if statement ?

What hardware do you have and what is your experience with electronics, Arduino and programming ?

UKHeliBob:
What you want to do sounds quite simple
Read temperature and humidity from DH11 - plenty of examples with the library
Display values on an LCD - again, plenty of examples with the library
Sound an alarm when values out of range - how complicated is an if statement ?

What hardware do you have and what is your experience with electronics, Arduino and programming ?

I'm very new to arduino, I used to code in basic back in the day and started into c+ but changed direction. Electronics novice / intermediate.

I have selection of the necessary resistors and other simple components, a couple of pc fans and a dedicated one bought for this project 5v. I have breadboard, wires etc and various power supply options.

Its the code of arduino that is confusing to me as there is different terminalogy than I'm used to, I know both from code and hardware (gates) for basic and, not if $ etc.

And thank you for reply so quickly UK HeliBob

Which Arduino do you have ?

Uno

So, what have you tried ?

Have you tried the examples in the IDE ?