Hello World example for 433MHz remote temperature sensor?

Does anyone have a simple program that can decode the 433MHz signals from an outdoor temperature sensor like the Acurite 06002M? What I am looking for is a program that receives the signal and shows the temperature in the serial window, just like a "Hello World" example. I have found some projects online but they all include a lot of other things (uploading data to servers online via Wifi etc) that I don't need and I am not yet at the point where I can follow all steps in a those advanced programs to remove what I don't need. I already have a more advanced sensor (does rain, wind, etc. too) but I am willing to get a simpler one like the 06002M to get started with as that might make things easier if I could just find a simple example to work with. At the moment I am using a remote 433 MHz temperature sensor that I made myself using a Nano (my home made receiver is also Nano based). It works great. As I created this RF link myself it was easy to get working (no reverse engineering required). However, I would like to explore the option of using an off-the-shelf unit for the transmitter combined with home made Nano based receiver. Thank you!

If you have the code in front of you, and you can't figure out what it means so you can remove parts of it, you are moving too fast. You need to step back and do a lot more simple work so you can gain the experience for projects like this. The problem is, any advice will be on a similar level, so you won't understand it either.

Good point But I guess I was not very clear... Sorry for that.

The only examples I have found contains multiple files and uses wifi etc. What I am looking for is something simpler to get started with. Sure, I can work on what I have found, chase down all dependent libraries that are required to get the code running etc and then and figure out what is going on. But it would be so much nicer having a simple Hello World example that shows the key point: decoding the RF signal. That part is the only part I need help with as it involves reverse engineering of an unknown signal format.

I have been programming using C++ for 10+ yrs and programming in general for over 30 years in various languages... However, I have only worked with Arduino for a few months. And I love all the nice examples that people share here and on other sites.

Then I guess you have a receiver module that can receive the signal from the weather device and decode the modulation to make a digital output to your Arduino. Please confirm.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Then I guess you have a receiver module that can receive the signal from the weather device and decode the modulation to make a digital output to your Arduino. Please confirm.

Paul

That is correct. I have made myself a Nano based transmitter (remote sensor) and a Nano based receiver (base station) using 433 MHz modules. They work great. I can transmit/receive signals over 1000+ft with no issues at all. But I would like to try using a commercial remote sensor (they are 433MHz too) and see what I like better. But decoding the signal is not that trivial...

Maybe this page will be of interest?

Found with a search for: "06002M arduino".

amaruk:
That is correct. I have made myself a Nano based transmitter (remote sensor) and a Nano based receiver (base station) using 433 MHz modules. They work great. I can transmit/receive signals over 1000+ft with no issues at all. But I would like to try using a commercial remote sensor (they are 433MHz too) and see what I like better. But decoding the signal is not that trivial…

But are they on the exact same frequency? Most cluster around 433.9 to 433.99. But a few are just below 433.9. I know this from listening to devices in my neighborhood.
In addition, some devices use OOK or on-off keying to send data, while others may use FM or frequency modulation or may use AM sending a two frequency tone modulation. In addition, the commercial devices may use an encoding scheme to keep you from being able to determine what they are sending.
I am willing to bet your operational devices do not decode the signal from your weather device. IF they decode anything, it is from your neighbor’s device.
Paul

groundFungus:
Maybe this page will be of interest?

Found with a search for: "06002M arduino".

Thank you!!!

Paul_KD7HB:
But are they on the exact same frequency? Most cluster around 433.9 to 433.99. But a few are just below 433.9. I know this from listening to devices in my neighborhood.
In addition, some devices use OOK or on-off keying to send data, while others may use FM or frequency modulation or may use AM sending a two frequency tone modulation. In addition, the commercial devices may use an encoding scheme to keep you from being able to determine what they are sending.
I am willing to bet your operational devices do not decode the signal from your weather device. IF they decode anything, it is from your neighbor's device.
Paul

My Nano based receiver does not pick up my weather station signals as it is using a different format than what I am using for my home made Nano based transmitter/receiver. But I did see the weather station signals on my scope w/ my 433MHz receiver module so I know they are there (every 30s or so). But yes, frequency tolerance/timing etc could be an issue down the road. I don't have this sensor yet but I guess I will buy one unit and give it a try. The link above seems to include the simple example that I was looking for. Thanks again!