Help Arduino Mega 2650

Good afternoon to all staff of the forum I'm starting with the Arduino but I got a problem in the hands of a project developed by another person and because my inesperiencia can not find how to solve this problem.

My question is I have a project that has been working properly but since the installation of a higher capacity UPS began to show me interference with a specific equipment, keypad access control (Roslare). I liked knowing if exists some form of filter these interferences so as to minimizalas or even eliminates-las. I have a 10K in series resistance in output as advises on the page of the Arduino but it did not solve the problem some other way to filter these interferences?

thanks for listening

Can you show us a schematic or detailed block diagram of what you are doing?

You will need some sort of filtering, i.e capacitors to filter it out. If you have an oscilloscope handy would help. But you could try like a .1uF or 10uF on the supply line to the keypad. I'm sure somone will have a better selection of capacitors to recommend. It's all going to depend on the frequency content. I used to have a problem with welders in our company. They were assembly line type and ran all the cables in the ceiling. For a while I couldn't figure out why my circuits were measuring all over the place until I put an oscilloscope and saw the noise and it wasn't there all the time. Also if the key could be shielded with a grounded metal box would help shield some of it too. Those UPS are one big radio. lol

Michael

mrmonteith: You will need some sort of filtering, i.e capacitors to filter it out. If you have an oscilloscope handy would help. But you could try like a .1uF or 10uF on the supply line to the keypad. I'm sure somone will have a better selection of capacitors to recommend. It's all going to depend on the frequency content. I used to have a problem with welders in our company. They were assembly line type and ran all the cables in the ceiling. For a while I couldn't figure out why my circuits were measuring all over the place until I put an oscilloscope and saw the noise and it wasn't there all the time. Also if the key could be shielded with a grounded metal box would help shield some of it too. Those UPS are one big radio. lol

Michael

I'll try the solution you provided to see if I can solve the problem may be that help. One doubts the Arduino is a very sensitive equipment that can easily burn off some of their outings? I had a small problem with one of the outlets that received information from a keyboard and then replace the arguino was working well

BillO: Can you show us a schematic or detailed block diagram of what you are doing?

it is a system that controls an intrusion alarm and access control which then communicates with a program to manage the system and allow control alarms distance