Help --> ATTINY2313 using ARDUINO <-- for NooB

Hello friends, Most of you must have played with ATTINY2313 till now.. :) It would be nice if you can build an tutorial as many users including me, so we can get it to work easily.. Please, it would be helpful even if any rough circuit diagram and tools with step.. :D Thanks for reading..

What programmer will be using? An Arduino?

Well, I did that succesfully in the last few days. A few people here in the forum were helpfull in helping me out. Once you get the correct informations it's pretty easy to do. And since I'm considering myself a no-expert at all I think I can write down something that can be usefull to newcomers as well.

I guess I will have to study a bit how all that Arduino Playground stuff works, maybe I can add it to it so that it's accessible with ease from other Arduino users.

Let's just say I useed an Arduino Uno as an ISP programmer, updated the Arduino IDE with the arduino-tiny core, connected the Attiny2313 to it on a breadboard and started uploading sketches to the attiny quite easily.

I would like a tutorial like this tooo! :D

[quote author=Coding Badly link=topic=65827.msg482290#msg482290 date=1309966776]

What programmer will be using? An Arduino?

[/quote] Yups, Arduino as ISP..

robitabu: Well, I did that succesfully in the last few days. A few people here in the forum were helpfull in helping me out. Once you get the correct informations it's pretty easy to do. And since I'm considering myself a no-expert at all I think I can write down something that can be usefull to newcomers as well.

I guess I will have to study a bit how all that Arduino Playground stuff works, maybe I can add it to it so that it's accessible with ease from other Arduino users.

Let's just say I useed an Arduino Uno as an ISP programmer, updated the Arduino IDE with the arduino-tiny core, connected the Attiny2313 to it on a breadboard and started uploading sketches to the attiny quite easily.

'arduino-0022\hardware\arduino\cores' has folder called 'arduino'.. i should replace 'arduino' folder content by ATTINY2313 core files ?? or copy ATTINY2313 core to 'cores' folder ?? Thanks for support

Which core are you trying to use?

[quote author=Coding Badly link=topic=65827.msg482726#msg482726 date=1310013361]

[/quote] Luminet.. there is core for ATTINY2313 with Interrupt support. I downloaded it, it contains folder named 'attiny2313' with core files..

ameyanaik: [quote author=Coding Badly link=topic=65827.msg482726#msg482726 date=1310013361]

Luminet.. there is core for ATTINY2313 with Interrupt support. I downloaded it, it contains folder named 'attiny2313' with core files..

[/quote]

Arduino-Tiny cores packet (http://code.google.com/p/arduino-tiny/) contains the Luminet one and many others too. It's even a bit more updated.

You don't need to compile it. Luminet provides a .zip file containing an attiny2313 directory with the all you need inside it except a boards.txt file (arduino-tiny core has it and provides basic instructions on how to customize it).

The Arduino IDE reads the boards.txt in order to know what core files it can use and some other details.

I'd suggest you download the Arduino-Tiny core and read it's readme.txt.

robitabu: Arduino-Tiny cores packet (http://code.google.com/p/arduino-tiny/) contains the Luminet one and many others too. It's even a bit more updated.

You don't need to compile it. Luminet provides a .zip file containing an attiny2313 directory with the all you need inside it except a boards.txt file (arduino-tiny core has it and provides basic instructions on how to customize it).

The Arduino IDE reads the boards.txt in order to know what core files it can use and some other details.

I'd suggest you download the Arduino-Tiny core and read it's readme.txt.

Thanks mate, Will try it soon.. :)

Just a quick note regarding arduino-tiny core and pwm support on the attiny2313.

I was reading pins_arduino.c, it states that only port PD5 supports pwm, that's not correct. Don't let you fool by that.

PD5, PB2, PB3 and PB4 support PWM just like attiny2313's datasheet says. I've tested it myself 'cause I first thought that was an arduino-tiny core limitation; in fact it's just not well documented in the source.

Issue created... http://code.google.com/p/arduino-tiny/issues/detail?id=5

robitabu: Just a quick note regarding arduino-tiny core and pwm support on the attiny2313.

I was reading pins_arduino.c, it states that only port PD5 supports pwm, that's not correct. Don't let you fool by that.

PD5, PB2, PB3 and PB4 support PWM just like attiny2313's datasheet says. I've tested it myself 'cause I first thought that was an arduino-tiny core limitation; in fact it's just not well documented in the source.

Cool man, thanks for that.. Will try making a nice tutorial for noobs (still waiting for ATTINY2313 to arrive)..