[Help] Audio-communication over the Internet using two Arduinos?

Hello everyone :slight_smile:
I hope i'm in the right topic for this
I would like to know if it's possible to create a radio-like communication device over the Internet using two Arduinos ?
I've search for a similar project but didn't find any.
Thank you very much,
Thomas

Probably a good reason for not finding any.
What type of "radio" are you considering? Like commercial broadcast radio which is "one-way" only? Or like police radio which is two-way, but only one talking at a time?
Paul

The answer is yes, because it is a no to "is it impossible to create a radio-like communication device over the Internet using two Arduinos ?"

1 Like

Thanks for your answer !
I was hoping to make a two-way communication device.
The two persons using the two arduinos would be able to speak through a microphone and hear the other person through a speaker.
It would not be a big deal if they could talk while the other person is also talking (unlike traditional Radios or walkie talkies)
What i was imagining was to use a dedicated internet server to collect the audio data that could be instantly (or almost) read by the other device.
Many thanks,
Thomas

Ahah maybe the right question would be ยซ is it reasonably doable or is so awfully difficult that no one ever tried for a good reason? ยป

so basically it's a VoIP that you want to create; there are a few examples out there like this one:

Not used it personally but my guess is that you'll still need some work to get all working! :wink:

hope that helps....