HELP! Batch counter with TFT touchscreen display

Can anyone lead me in the right direction with a project? I would like to count objects via a sensor and produce a time adjustable out put when the batch count is reached until the total product count is reached.

I have an arduino uno R3 with Elegoo EL-SM-004 UNO R3 2.8 Inches TFT Touch Screen with SD Card Socket.

The idea is to use the touch screen to set the Total count number, batch count number and the time required for the output triggered when the batch count is reached.

Is this possible to do with the arduino and touch screen?

Does anyone know of any sketches out there that are similar to what I'm trying to explain?

People here have been a little . . . reticent . . . about responding to requests where they think commercial interests are involved in what is, essentially, a hobby platform.

Most Arduino touch screens are pretty crappy. You would be best to plan on using proper buttons.

Overall the projectvseems like it should not be hard for a beginner. Maybe a "medium" project.

Start simple. Get one thing like the sensor working by itself.

AWOL:
People here have been a little . . . reticent . . . about responding to requests where they think commercial interests are involved in what is, essentially, a hobby platform.

Awol:

Don't let my name fool you, I have a technical service background but I'm fairly new to arduino and I still have a hard time grasping the code aspect of projects. I've had some success in the past by mushing existing code together (copy/paste)but the time it takes for me to get it right would be too embarrassing to ever admit :slight_smile:

I'm trying to count marbles that run down a track. I want my kids to adjust how many marbles roll down until the batch count produces an output(that they can adjust) that stops the flow of marbles for a set amount of time to allow other actions take place before starting a new flow of marbles.

MorganS:
Most Arduino touch screens are pretty crappy. You would be best to plan on using proper buttons.

Overall the projectvseems like it should not be hard for a beginner. Maybe a “medium” project.

Start simple. Get one thing like the sensor working by itself.

Thanks MorganS

I was just going to use a push button as the sensor input for testing purposes. The code for the counter is my biggest obstacle. Not sure where to begin and as far as the display goes, quality isn’t a big deal. All I’m really looking for is it being able to display numbers and some functional buttons to change the batch count and output time.

Actually, using a button will give you more problems. Contact bounce will cause it to over-count.

Maybe checkout the Bounce library to keep the button part simple.

Save lots of different small sketches which only exercise one component. That way when it gets too complex you can load up an old test sketch simply to re-test the wiring.