help beginner with nebulophone

First of all, let me introduce myself. I am TJrandomuser and am here to learn about the arduino.

My friend recently gave me one(arduino) and box of random components, and I googled arduino projects and liked the nebulophone. I have no real experience in electronics, I've done flooring for 20ish years. I would like to make the nebulophone as a I did something on my day off thing/get some electronics experience . I googled the symbols for schematics and how to read some of the things on the schematics for the values and it looks like i have everything I need except the Rail to Rail Op-Amp(tlc2272) and the photocell assembly. I am going off the this one DIY Arduino Nebulophone Synth : 4 Steps (with Pictures) - Instructables.

my questions, while i keep going through to see what i am missing, are the following:
on this schematic http://www.instructables.com/files/orig/FO1/IRJW/GZ0BVJII/FO1IRJWGZ0BVJII.png

to the left of the photo cell, the one with vcc on the top, is according to what ive seen on google looks like a voltage follower op amp-is this correct?
what resistors and stuff do i need to make it?

off digital_13 where it says ir out/lfo led1 is a normal LED correct?
what about lfo led2?

off analog_2 is a 10k resistor, what is the other thing that goes to ground? npn transistor?

the wave lgo and arp all are grounded, then the center pins go back to the arduino(analog 3,4,5), the outer pins go where? to eachother in series?
i saw this http://bleeplabs.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/neb-pcb1.png and am trying to figure it out but its not going very fast, lol.

the arp switch off of analog_0, is it a normal switch or is it a push button?

all the way on the right, off of the rail to rail op amp and from the 9v battery are some symbols that look like a triangle headed axe and one rectangle shaped thing going to ground. what are they?

my last question, where do i plug in something to connect to speakers or where do put some sort of jack to plug into some speakers?

i know this is a lot to ask and i hope im posting it the right area. I appreciate those of you who take the time to look at this and really appreciate those of you who can answer my questions. Thanks all and i hope everyones enjoying their memorial day weekend!

Yes it is a voltage follower. The two op amps come in the same package so you just need to wire it up like it shows.
The thing with analogue 2 is an IR photo transistor, get one that matches the IR LEDs.

all the way on the right, off of the rail to rail op amp and from the 9v battery are some symbols that look like a triangle headed axe and one rectangle shaped thing going to ground. what are they?

It is a jack socket.

Hope that helps.

The two op amps come in the same package so you just need to wire it up like it shows.
The thing with analogue 2 is an IR photo transistor, get one that matches the IR LEDs.

I dont understand what you mean by in the same package, i dont have the kit just a box of random components and some luck. i got some of the things i was missing, was missing more than i thought. I am googling the IR photo transistor and IR LEDs to see what it is.

It is a jack socket.

this is best news i’ve gotten today. I have a larger socket that plugs into something with my sound system, it also is kind of an adapter for normal plugs unless someone thinks its a bad idea I will be using that to plug into. [/quote]

Hope that helps.

more than you think! thank you very much!

for the voltage follower op-amp ill be googling also to find out what values for what are needed to make it work. if someone knows what they are and would like to save me some time it would be very appreciated.

Im hoping to get this working late today or early tomorrow . like i mentioned before, if anyone has any advice/tips/tricks to speed this along it would be very appreciated. thanks all!

I dont understand what you mean by in the same package,

The two triangles are operational amplifiers. You get two of these in one eight pin integrated circuit. If you look at the pin numbers by each connection you will see there is only one device. So if yo have the right hand amplifier you also have the left hand one.