Help choosing audio jack and iphone audio voltage range

Hi all, I'm a beginner with electronics so please bear with me.

I'm working on a music reactive LED project, and I want to receive an audio signal directly from my iPhone jack. Are these the right jack sockets that I need for my project?

https://www.amazon.ca/Uxcell-a12062600ux0366-Female-Stereo-Connector/dp/B008SNZUYC/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=3.5mm+stereo+jack&qid=1588467794&s=electronics&sr=1-3

I also want to make sure that the voltages stay within 5v such that my arduino uno will not get damaged. The top answer in this stack exchange says that it has a 2.2v peak, which means that after offsetting the output will result in a 4.4v max. Does that mean that I do not need an op-amp to amplify the signal to 5v max?

Also, any guidance concerning where the soldered wires connect to from the jack socket to the arduino would be much appreciated.

Thank you for taking your time to answer!

Hi all, I’m a beginner with electronics so please bear with me.

I’m working on a music reactive LED project, and I want to receive an audio signal directly from my iPhone jack. Are these the right jack sockets that I need for my project?

https://www.amazon.ca/Uxcell-a12062600ux0366-Female-Stereo-Connector/dp/B008SNZUYC/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=3.5mm+stereo+jack&qid=1588467794&s=electronics&sr=1-3

I also want to make sure that the voltages stay within 5v such that my arduino uno will not get damaged. The top answer in this arduino - What is the voltage range of a standard headphone jack from a phone? - Electrical Engineering Stack Exchange stack exchange says that it has a 2.2v peak, which means that after offsetting the output will result in a 4.4v max. Does that mean that I do not need an op-amp to amplify the signal to 5v max?

Also, any guidance concerning where the soldered wires connect to from the jack socket to the arduino would be much appreciated.

Thank you for taking your time to answer!

To mate with a socket, one needs a plug! It is a standard 3.5mm stereo plug you need. If you have a case on the 'phone, you will need something very slim.

If you want a completely isolated signal, use an isolation transformer. They are commonly available on the likes of Ebay for not much money. Otherwise you could just use a capacitor in line with the L&R signals and keep the ground common.

Duplicate topics from different forum sections merged

Cross-posting is against the rules of the forum. The reason is that duplicate posts can waste the time of the people trying to help. Someone might spend 15 minutes (or more) writing a detailed answer on this topic, without knowing that someone else already did the same in the other topic.

Repeated cross-posting will result in a suspension from the forum.

In the future, please take some time to pick the forum board that best suits the topic of your question and then only post once to that forum board. This is basic forum etiquette, as explained in the sticky "How to use this forum - please read." post you will find at the top of every forum board. It contains a lot of other useful information. Please read it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.