Help coding a NeoPixel Ring (24) to fade

Hi,
I have next to no experience with coding and am wondering if somebody could help me with the NeoPixel ring.
I have managed to get several LED's to fade a white light to the rhythm of breathing however these LED's were not bright enough so I have purchased a 24 NeoPixel ring.
I can't figure out how to make the ring pulse a simple white light to a breathing rhythm, as there are many different factors that I need to consider like the amount of LEDS are on and what colour the LED's
are.
All I need it the whole ring to fade a white light up and down
Many thanks
Sam

Look at the example code for the neopixels it shows how to fade a single colour. Just take that part and make it white. White is a colour defined by 255, 255, 255 for full on and all zeros for full off.
So set a loop going using the for function over 0 to 255. Use the loop index to define all three elements of the colour, set all the pixels to this colour using another for loop and display the data with the show call. Finally put a delay in the loop so you see that brightness level for a few milliseconds.

If you have trouble then post what you have and say what it does and what you want it to do.

Thanks Mike,
Where is this sample code?
When I look in the library under neopixel I can only see 4 which are button cycler, rgbwstrandtest, simple and strand test.
The additional library I downloaded was ada fruit neo pixel.
Is this the correct one?
Thanks again

It is the strand test, that shows you how to do a fade, there is a lot of other stuff in there you can just throw away.
It is the colorWipe function you need to use from it, as well as the setup stuff.

So all you need to do is:-

for(int i=0; i<255; i++){
colorWipe(strip.Color(i, i, i), 50); 
}

and that will fade from off to full on.

To fade the other way round, from full on to off use:-

for(int i=255; i>0; i--){
colorWipe(strip.Color(i, i, i), 50); 
}