HELP - COM State Error Arduino Uno

Hello, I am getting a COM State error when I try to upload a program to the Arduino Uno. I need to get this working ASAP for a competition. This is the error: avrdude: ser_open(): can't set com-state for "\.\COM6". We have tried downloading blank programs, taking everythign out of the board, swapping out the cables, reinstalling drivers, using the reset button, and used help from other forum topics. IT STILL DOESN'T WORK. PLEASE HALP. I need to get this working asap.

Do you have the right port selected?

Do you know that the Arduino works in the first place, ie, have you tested it on another system?

If it's a clone, do you have the appropriate drivers installed? Many clones use the CH340G for USB serial, which uses different drivers than the Uno (google drivers for CH340G). There are also some clones floating around that use counterfeit FT232 serial chips (google ftdigate) and which thus don't work anymore.

We have the right port. We have the normal Arduino Uno. This worked perfectly 2 weeks ago. For the last few days it has been giving this error no matter what me do.

Have you rebooted the system since? Do so, if you haven't - windows sometimes gets into a bad state with a given port.

Have you tried using a different usb port?

Does it fail on multiple computers or just one?

If it fails on other computers the same way, could you have damaged the board?

we get it working randomly, we have restareted multiple times, it falied on multiple comps. We need it to upload everytime