HELP! Connect HC05 & HC06 !!! -senior project due friday :/

Hey guys,

GOAL: Send data from HC06 to HC05 and have HC05 control an LED strip based on analog values read from microphone connected to the HC06… (I have the coding set up to do this but need help connecting devices!!)

first is this possible to do??

I am trying to connect my HC05 to my HC06…

In AT mode on HC05 when I type “AT+INIT” it jumps OUT of AT mode!!! I know I will need this command to pair??

Also I know I need to use AT+LINK

I CANNOT find the address of my HC06!!! from what I have read there are just a few limited AT commands that can be used with the HC06 with address lookup not being one of them :frowning:

this project is due friday and any help is much appreciated :slight_smile:

Ok, so i figured out I can't connect my computer (master) to another master (HC05)...

what I CAN do is connect both the HC05 and HC06 as slaves to my computer then use a program to read from one and send that data to the other.

i am using "MAX" software program.... any tips / help?

dbrown1390:
Ok, so i figured out I can’t connect my computer (master) to another master (HC05)…

Nonsense. Being a master does not mean you can’t connect to another.

what I CAN do is connect both the HC05 and HC06 as slaves to my computer then use a program to read from one and send that data to the other.

I guess you can but I don’t think that was the stated objective, and is a really dumb idea.

i am using “MAX” software program

I’ve never heard of it. This is an Arduino forum. You can connect Arduino HC-05 <> HC-05 Arduino using the software everybody else uses and do exactly what I believe you want to do, so trying that might be useful. I’m pretty sure you can connect HC-05 <> HC-06 too, but I have not seen an example of it. You can probably confirm this on the Phillipe Cantin blog.