Help! Control DC motor with breathing sensor

Hi,

I've been starting arduino last week. To need a help for my project, please .
I want to control the DC motor with breathing.

My sensor parts (for breath) are Humidity Sensor HTU21D by speak fun and mini condenser mic.
But I don't got using " How do control DC motor with breathing sensor" :frowning: .
Perhaps I think to apply that clip....↓
Look the reference clip: Breath Sensor: experiment one on Vimeo

Would you have a good idea for my project?

Thanks, Aya

What exactly do you want the motor to do in response to changes in sound intensity and humidity?

Thanks, Oldsteve.

I would like to make a flip book in box with Arduino. My plan is starting flip book when DC motor responses breathing with an sensor. Would you look the pic, please.

blanchelle:
Thanks, Oldsteve.

I would like to make a flip book in box with Arduino. My plan is starting flip book when DC motor responses breathing with an sensor. Would you look the pic, please.

Your pic just shows the Arduino and sensors, not the mechanics, schematic or anything else.

At least now I understand that you want to use either a humidity sensor or a condenser microphone, but not both.

By "flip book", do you mean a series of static pictures that are iterated through rapidly to give the impression of motion? That's what "flip book" usually refers to.

You want it to start when breathing is detected. Do you want it to stop when breathing stops being detected? Does the "flip" speed need to be controlled by the rate of breathing?
And you want to do it with a DC motor. Have you worked out the mechanics for this yet?
What speed or range of speeds will the motor need to spin at?
What are the motor ratings?

I could go on asking questions forever. You need to provide much more information.

At least now I understand that you want to use either a humidity sensor or a condenser microphone, but not both.

Yes, indeed.

Example of mechanical flip book in box is Leap Frog Mechanical Flip Book - YouTube

So I would like to want it when breathing start being detected at 15~60 seconds. Sorry, I haven't think that when breathing stops being detected. But it is very nice to control.
My plan is very simple now. The flips (60fps) play when breathing does detect just once. The flip speed doesn't need to be controlled by the rate of breathing.
I have worked out control the DC motor with bridge IC by TA7291P .
Using motor specs:

I don't know breathing sensor does detect DC motor with Arduino and breadboard.

If you only want the motor to turn in one direction, which I suppose you do, you don't really need to use a H-bridge driver. All you really need is the Arduino PWM driving a MOSFET to control the motor's speed.
To allow you to vary the motor speed, you could connect a pot to an analogue input then use 'analogRead()' to read the pot, then map the 0-1023 pot value to 0-255 using the 'map()' function and use the resulting value to control the motor's speed via the MOSFET using 'analogWrite()'.
Fairly standard method, and pretty simple, but it should be adequate for your purpose.

Thn you only need to worry about triggering it with a breath. Sounds a bit silly to me, but if that's what you really want.....
Having seen the method using the condensor microphone, is there a particular reason why you're considering the humidity sensor method?

And by this:-

So I would like to want it when breathing start being detected at 15~60 seconds

Do you mean that if the breathing is detected for 15 to 60 seconds, you then want the motor to start?
Also, you still need to consider how to stop it. It might be annoying to have to keep breathing into the sensor to keep the motor running, so some thought needs to go into this aspect of the design.

Thanks, OldSteve.

I really will do to try Arduino PWM driving a MOSFET to control the motor's speed.

Do you mean that if the breathing is detected for 10 seconds, you then want the motor to start?

Sorry, I really have been telling you →breathing start being detected at 1 seconds. And a "flip" motion time needs 15 seconds.
I would like to action ↓ with Arduino. my flip graphics connect motion with an breath because turning my flip really needs interaction with breathing sensor.

1. Breath detects a sensor (1 sec)
  2. The flip will turning (10 secs)
  3. It will stop after 10 secs.

Why did you quote me as having said "Do you mean that if the breathing is detected for 10 seconds, you then want the motor to start?"
I did not say that at all. I said:-

Do you mean that if the breathing is detected for 15 to 60 seconds, you then want the motor to start?

And I asked this because you said:-

So I would like to want it when breathing start being detected at 15~60 seconds.

blanchelle:
Sorry, I really have been telling you →breathing start being detected at 1 seconds. And a "flip" motion time needs 15 seconds.

No, you have never said this before, until your last reply.

No, I don't mean that if the breathing is detected for 15 to 60 seconds, you then want the motor to start.
Sorry, there was error in my response.