Help Design The Uber Arduino BBQ Trailer & Camp Site

Hey Guys,

I'm on a competition BBQ team, and wanted to build the ultimate arduino controlled BBQ camp! That includes my trailer, grills, lights, entertainment, etc. I'm new to arudino, and just have most of the basics down, so I wanted some ideas from you guys as to what I could add to our BBQ camp that would make it crazy awesome, but also provide functionality that helps us monitor and improve our Q!

The Camp Site
1 - 6'x12' enclosed v-nose trailer
3 - 10'x10' EZ-ups pop up canopys
2 - Weber 22.5" Bullet Grills
1 - Vision Kamado Ceramic Grill
1 - Weber One Touch Grill
3 - Maverick Wireless Thermometers
1 - Propane Instant Hot Water Heater
1 - Floor A/C Unit

Arduino Odds & Ends
Multiple Arduino controllers - a bunch of nano's, a few unos, a mega, leonardo, and due.
7" LCD Touch Screen
Wifi Chips
Servos/Motors
Temp Sensors, Gas Sensors
Keypad
Light/Sound Sensors
4 relay breakout board

Ideas On Modifications And Upgrades
Camp Control System: Wanted to integrate the 7" LCD screen into the trailer and arduino setup somewhere. It'd be nice to setup the touch screen to control different stuff around the camp like the music, the lights, and the grills.
Sound System: Wanted to add a few nice speakers and amp to the trailer. If they could be controlled by an arduino in some way, that'd be cool.
Light System: Wanted to add both flood lights, and maybe some LED light strips that would respond to the music of the sound system.
Motorize Some Stuff: I think it'd be sweet if we could motorize some stuff. Like maybe have it so the hot water heater setup so it can slide out from the side of the trailer and you can just connect the hoses to it.
Weather Station/Motorized Flag Pole: Something that would be cool is to have a weather station that alerts us to inclement weather. Maybe an anemometer could be added to a motorized flag pole to monitor stuff like that?

That's all the stuff I've thought of. My main interests are little project ideas that you guys think would be cool to add to a campsite that is controlled by the arduino! :grin:

What is your level of experience with electronics and electronic components as well as soldering?

Camp Control System: Wanted to integrate the 7" LCD screen into the trailer and arduino setup somewhere. It’d be nice to setup the touch screen to control different stuff around the camp like the music, the lights, and the grills.

Difficult but not impossible

Sound System: Wanted to add a few nice speakers and amp to the trailer. If they could be controlled by an arduino in some way, that’d be cool.

You can probably turn the AMPs on and off with a relay but as far as change a radio station from the radio itself, not going to happen, unless you make the radio yourself. (or get a small radio module).

Light System: Wanted to add both flood lights, and maybe some LED light strips that would respond to the music of the sound system.
Motorize Some Stuff: I think it’d be sweet if we could motorize some stuff. Like maybe have it so the hot water heater setup so it can slide out from the side of the trailer and you can just connect the hoses to it.

Again not impossible if you have the right parts

Weather Station/Motorized Flag Pole: Something that would be cool is to have a weather station that alerts us to inclement weather. Maybe an anemometer could be added to a motorized flag pole to monitor stuff like that?

I am not sure there is a way to do this with an Arduino. :frowning:
The flagpole however can be done if you have the right parts.

HazardsMind:
What is your level of experience with electronics and electronic components as well as soldering?

I'd say average.