help finding a high speed push motor

i am looking for some sort of a push/pull motor for my project. I am not familiar with motor types. I need motors with high speed that will strike an acoustic drum for sound.

a move distance of one or two inches is all i need.

I already have a couple of car door lock motors that seem to be the perfect TYPE of motor. but they are all rated about the same lbs per square inch and I just need the same concept with approximately double the speed and force but cant find anything on the internet. can anyone point me to any purchase links or suggest search terms i should be googling to find such items?

my searching for heavier linear motors has only lead me to very slow actuators

Perhaps you are looking for a solenoid, not a geared-down linear actuator?

Look at how door bell/chimes work.

Paul

thanks paul i did check into how door chimes work and it actually seems practicle to build a larger version. Seems that door bell chimes are smaller versions of what mark pointed out.....soleniods..... and I think this is the answer to my project. after the helpfull advice here I have googled into solenoids and found some high powered ones called "door poppers" for opening whatever. they seem to range between 50 and 100 lb lift ratings and by design I assume they would be very fast only limited by whats in front of them. anyways here is the purchase i am considering. Thanks for the help.

taterking:
thanks paul i did check into how door chimes work and it actually seems practicle to build a larger version. Seems that door bell chimes are smaller versions of what mark pointed out.....soleniods..... and I think this is the answer to my project. after the helpfull advice here I have googled into solenoids and found some high powered ones called "door poppers" for opening whatever. they seem to range between 50 and 100 lb lift ratings and by design I assume they would be very fast only limited by whats in front of them. anyways here is the purchase i am considering. Thanks for the help.

V 60lb solenoid shaved door w/ 1 popper hot rod rat rod complete | eBay

Wow! That brings back memories from the 1950's and my first car.

But look at how those operate. When powered, the armature RETRACTS and when the power stops, the internal spring forces the armature back out, so the car door is latched.

I understood you needed just the opposite action.

Paul