Help first timer with project

Hi all! New to the forum and using arduino in general. I’m trying to make a buzzwire project by following the instructions at the link below. This is my first time ever opening up the software. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add the code. The instructions has two options. A basic version and an enhanced version with a display and button. I’m doing the basic approach. Can anyone shed some light on how to start this? Any help would be appreciated!

Your topic has been moved here as this forum section is more appropriate than where it was originally posted.

Please take care to post in the correct forum section

My apologies, thanks for the correction.

You need to have a read of getting started with Arduino to learn how to get going .

I’d suggest you have a play first with the basic examples ( file/examples) to get comfortable with how things work .

You can cut and paste code into the Arduino IDE from pages on the internet , or there is often a download link on sites where you can save the program and then open it in the IDE .

The library files are additional bits of code you add via a library manager - I wouldn’t worry about that now , I’d play a bit , then google some of these items or ask here again . ( google “ what is a library file in Arduino “) .
Although what you want to do is a fairly simple project , that link sketches over some of the details . Learn a bit of code and write your own wire thingy .

There are loads of guides to using Arduino and mr Google will find them.

I had to go look to see how the “inventor” managed to need a microprocessor, haha.

A youngster with an entrepreneurial spirit had one of these at a little corner of a flea market… a battery and doorbell buzzer and some wire.

SMH

a7

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.