Help for buying a board for my project

Hello,

I’m into a project that NOW uses an Arduino UNO with WifiShield to connect to a remote site,
www.example.it,
make a GET Request, receive some data from a php page (maybe JSON or maybe not)
and digitalWirte some pins HIGH or LOW also depending on A0 input (a switch).

The loop calls the GET request function every 5 seconds, because the remote DB can be updated every second and data can change.

Wifi Shiled seem to work quite good, but, do you think i should use again a wifi board, or is more reliable a ethernet board?

Wich board can i use, at the end?
Arduino YUN is it good for this, can i write software with Arduino IDE in YUN?

Thank you.
Filippo

The obvious option is to stay with the hardware you already have if you have no concrete reason for changing it.
For your application, I'd probably consider an ESP8266 which integrates with the Arduino IDE and is generally better specified. But (a) it is 3.3 volt and (b) it does not have so many usable pins, eg it has only one analog pin and (c) it is not so well documented.

Wifi Shiled seem to work quite good, but, do you think i should use again a wifi board, or is more reliable a ethernet board?

Do you need wifi or do you have an ethernet connection available? A good wired connection will always be more reliable than a wireless connection, but if you don’t have a wired connection then wifi is your only choice.

OK, i would see if a cable connection is possible.
Any Way, the arduino WIFI shield is not available in the store
so i was wondering if an integrated board is good.(yun o what?)

I’d go for a Huzzah https://www.adafruit.com/products/2471