Help for newbie wireless project

Hi,

I'm quite new to arduino but still I need to make a project that involves 7 leds connected to two ambient light sensors wireless and I would be very glad of any hints or suggestions for my project.

Brief description:

I want to make a two ambient light sensors placed in a piece of clothing to control led lights in a small box. Box can be placed quite near the clothing but clothing itself is likely to move a bit by wind of people passing by or touching the clothing. I can use arduino boards sewn into the clothing or/and arduino boards hidden inside the little box The most important factor of this project is that the clothing is NOT hooked up to the box with wires.

Questions:

What kind of arduino board would you use? (lilypad, duemilenove?) What would be your choice of wireless? (xbee?) Can I make two light sensors act as one (meaning that they both have to be shadowed in order the light to turn on)?

The questions are propably quite trivial but I'm a newbie so have patience :)

Arduino board: definitely a Lilypad. They were made to be sewn into clothing. Be sure to check out some conductive fabric and thread, too! You can probably put a duemilanove (or breaduino/arduino mini, if you want small size) inside the box. Wireless: Probably xbees (2 of them). They are relatively cheap and very reliable, cheaper radios are more susceptible to interference and require heavy coding. Sensors: first figure out what analog reading corresponds to being shadowed, then just write simple code requiring both sensors be @ this threshold before transmitting commands to box.

Good Luck!

baum