HELP for pinout of lcd

i bought a lcd tft 3.5" shield from mcufriend but i dont know how link this shield to mega2560 board (arduino)i want min of pins?
i downloaded this pic from net my type is ili9481

You have a regular MEGA2560 16-bit shield.

Plug it in to your MEGA2560 board. All the male pins should mate with corresponding female sockets as Nature intended.

Then try UTFT with

UTFT myGLCD(ILI9481,38,39,40,41);

or

UTFT myGLCD(ILI9486,38,39,40,41);

If you have mirrored text or wrong colours, please say so.

Incidentally, TFT_HX8357 library will work much faster than UTFT. (you must configure it for ILI9481)

David.

i tried those (libraries and code ) only i see the white background. maybe lcd is corrupt???????
i want min of pin for lcd ineed pins for my project

ANOOSHEH:
i bought a lcd tft 3.5" shield from mcufriend but i dont know how link this shield to mega2560 board (arduino)i want min of pins?
i downloaded this pic from net my type is ili9481

Does the photo look like the item in your hand?
Or have you simply posted a random photo that you got from the Internet?

Look at a similar thread

If you cannot find an exact match to your display, post a link to the best photo and describe the differences in English. e.g. different printed legends. different copper traces. different components.

David

NO . ITS look like mine . pic of min is this:

You have posted a photo of a JHD162A. i.e. a regular 16x2 Character LCD.

It has the same pin-out as any other 16x2. In fact it is printed on the pcb.

David.

no . mine is lcd 3.5" tft (ili9481) .not 16*2 charactristic lcd

e1f620e15041ea986ca9b3f76c3beddc17e2f937.jpg

ANOOSHEH:
no . mine is lcd 3.5" tft (ili9481) .not 16*2 characteristic lcd

david_prentice:
You have posted a photo of a JHD162A. i.e. a regular 16x2 Character LCD.
It has the same pin-out as any other 16x2. In fact it is printed on the pcb.

Doesn’t look like it. Who is kidding who here?

My apologies. I get the photo of a red pcb on my Samsung Galaxy just like message #7.

If I click on the link in message #4 (with an Arabic name) on my PC running Firefox browser, I get a photo of a green 16x2 pcb.

I must have a problem on my PC. The photo from message #0 shows a red pcb.
Both red photos show a regular 16-bit shield that should work with

as I said in message #1.

David.

Here’s the first one, “index.jpg”:
4e277d39310174f57324f65eff6946d202dd9fa0.jpg

And the second, “۲۰۱۶۰۶۱۲_۱۹۰۵۲۷.jpg” (Not Arabic; not sure what script):
e1f620e15041ea986ca9b3f76c3beddc17e2f937.jpg

Same object, first was properly lit.

And the same board in your linked post. Can’t figure out from where you got the green board! But he did modify post #4 in some way some time before your reply #5 was posted.

david_prentice:
My apologies. I get the photo of a red pcb on my Samsung Galaxy just like message #7.

If I click on the link in message #4 (with an Arabic name) on my PC running Firefox browser, I get a photo of a green 16x2 pcb.

I must have a problem on my PC. The photo from message #0 shows a red pcb.
Both red photos show a regular 16-bit shield that should work with

as I said in message #1.

David.

NO problem david ....
i do that but still my lcd is not working only backlight

Is it likely that the device is corrupted؟

i start work with this shield and run it but main question of this topic :
i want min of pins that link to the board ...i cant match the shield to the board i need my pins?which pins should i link to board????

Your shield is designed to plug into a Mega2560. It looks like a standard 16-bit interface. I suspect that it is ILI9481 but there are several other 320x480 controllers that it could be.

In another thread, there is a genuine ILI9481 panel that overheats.

David.

I think this fella wants to plug it in without plugging it in so he can still access the pins that aren't used by the display. Probably wrong though as he's not really saying what he's trying to accomplish.

Yes, I am sure that he wants to use the Analog pin headers and the Digital / Serial headers.
He just has to insert some angled pin strip and he has access. Even with the shield plugged in.

Using digital#42-#49 is more of a problem. You need to snip off the shield's pins. Angle pins might still be difficult.

This is academic. I don't think that he has the shield working yet. There is little point in a non-functioning display.

David.

please accept my apologize for my english ....i want min of pins that i should use to run lcd without plug in it to mega2560? do i use all of 22-54( pin number ) ...in code of utft has written pins 38,39,40,41 have used but when i link those pins only+5 pins of vcc gnd reset ... i only have back light

i want to know which pins in 22-54 are useless ....

So, does the LCD work correctly if you use it correctly?

yes it work correctly ....