help for RC car project

hi everyone,

so am trying to make a car the moves by it self and avoid hitting walls and stuff , and am using a DC motor to move back and forward using an H-bridge , a servo to steer right and left , and another servo that goes 180 degrees and attaching an infrared proximity sensor on top of it to catch objects .

so my question is what of this stuff should be connected to battery and what should be connected to the Arduino 5V and if there is any thing else i should take care of it .

and if you guys have another idea about controlling it please share it with me , thank in advance .

2 Servos,Dc Motor and H-Bridge to one power supply...
Arduino with proximity sensor(the only component powered through arduino's 5V) to another power supply...

This is my idea :wink: :wink: :wink:
Good Luck with your project !!!

zaxarias:
2 Servos,Dc Motor and H-Bridge to one power supply...
Arduino with proximity sensor(the only component powered through arduino's 5V) to another power supply...

This is my idea :wink: :wink: :wink:
Good Luck with your project !!!

I second this. But watch out with motor dc voltage and battery output. If servos and dc motor are 5 volts and battery is 9v you are going to need a regulator.

Get an off road Electric RC car. Monster truck works best, the world for a robot is a tough place. Go to Hobby store grab one off shelf. Make sure you can pull out the radio receiver, this is where you link in and take over.

Electric RC cars have speed controllers that also serve the purpose of power supply. There will be three servo wires coming out of the speed controller.

Signal wire - for sending servo pulses down to control speed.
Ground - Common ground for your vehicle
5V - For powering your steering servo.

Add 9V battery.
9V+ - To Arduino Vcc for clean brain power.
Ground - Attach to ground wire from speed control to hold levels.

Steering servo - Also has 3 wires
Signal wire - for sending servo pulses down to control steering.
Ground - Attach to ground wire from speed control.
5V - Attach to the 5V line from your speed control.

What do we have left? The two signal wires, steering & throttle. Choose 2 output pins on your Arduino, use servo library to control them.

Sensors can be powered from the 9V battery or the Arduino. Whatever works best.

Done!

Hope this helps!

-jim lee

THNKXX all for the replay , that really helped