Help Guide Me Through This Theory.... Please :)

Not tried nor do I want to for that matter but...

Let's supposed we used a 4060 and a crystal and we got a precise 1 second pulses to keep it easy.

Now with a computer, it's a simple case of sending High or Low down the wire to signify data ready, or the Clock, but the data is synchronized with a wire/signal from the master.

How does the data/clock Synchronize to begin with regarding Air Waves ? what's the general principal anyone know?

My End goal is to use A crystal and some Logic IC's and have a "Sender" and "Receiver" on a very very low bit rate, and transfer digitally 0's and 1's and nothing more so a Schmitt Trigger should filter out any noise and pick up a nice digital wave form, so nothing fancy no amplifying... LED comes on, LED comes off (but remotely) i'm trying to replicate a modern day circuit using logic gates to that of the first circuit every produced to not only send but detect radio waves and ring a bell..

Sorry I read all the words and they make send individually but when put together the way you have done I have no idea what you are trying to do.

Me to, I have no idea what you are trying to achieve. Apart from the second paragraph the whole post looks like it was created by a buzzword generator program.

Rob

Reads a bit like a automated translation, the Hindi translation module needs some work i think.

a binary code transmitter / receiver using nothing more than logic IC’s … possible or not?

cjdelphi: a binary code transmitter / receiver using nothing more than logic IC's ... possible or not?

Yes possible. But why? It will cost more and be harder to design than having a processor in it.

curiosity....

cjdelphi: i'm trying to replicate a modern day circuit using logic gates to that of the first circuit every produced to not only send but detect radio waves and ring a bell..

Did Hertz have a bell connected?

nothing more than logic IC

How low do you want to go. Use shift regs and job done. Or make your shift regs and oscillators and latches from NAND gates.

Rob

If it is just a single channel then just connect the logic output to the transmitter and get the data output from the receiver and the job is done.

If you want to transmit a byte of data in an asynchronous format then transmitting is just a 10 bit shift register, that is two 8 bit shift registers joined together. Have an oscillator constantly clocking out the shift register with the serial data input high. Then have a button on the latch pin through a monostable and press the button when you want to send a byte. The inputs to your shift register will be the byte you send.

The receiver is more complex especially as you can't get stand alone UARTs any more and involves making a state machine out of logic gates to detect the start bit, then trigger a flip flop that enables a clock to count to 10 before resetting it. Also feed that counter input to the clock of a 10 bit shift register with the data input from the transmitter. I would say about 10 logic chips should do it.

The transmit oscillator / clock and the receive oscillator / clock can be any frequency but must be within 1% of each other.

I hate to ask but I guess I should learn. Is a MAX232 much more than a UART?

GoForSmoke: I hate to ask but I guess I should learn. Is a MAX232 much more than a UART?

Actually it's much much less then a UART, it's just a voltage translation and logic inverter chip, so no circuitry to actually process serial characters.

Lefty

Hey Lefty, was that you a ways back on the Sparkfun forum VS1053 chip page? If you want, PM me about it?

GoForSmoke: Hey Lefty, was that you a ways back on the Sparkfun forum VS1053 chip page? If you want, PM me about it?

Probably not as I don't think I've posted much on their site, but perhaps I just don't recall. If you have a link I'll check it out.

Lefty

Actually it was the VS1003 and the name there is Lefty4000: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9398

Probably a lot of Lefty's out there....

GoForSmoke: Actually it was the VS1003 and the name there is Lefty4000: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9398

Probably a lot of Lefty's out there....

But not nearly as many as there are Righties. ;)

Lefty

if it's not right try a left?

I've always been a centrist myself... Right?