Help...I think I burnt my Aurduino UNO.it is not detected by windows anymore.

Hi
I have purchased a lithium ion battery (12V ,6800mA) to use it for my Aurduino UNO for future robot application XD.

but i think a disaster happened instead !! when I plugged the battery to arduino all the 4 LEDs turned ON (as attached in the first photo),in addition,the small atmega chip below USB port got very very hot !!. the battery voltage was almost 11.3 V)

now when i connected it back to my PC it is not detected anymore. and now two LEDs are ON as in the second photo attached (the orange LED is ON even when i press the reset button).

i thought the aurduino should be safe if you powered it with a power supply less than 12V (although it can take up to 20V).
so why mine is not working?? and how can i use a 12V battery safely next time?!!.

basem:
Hi
I have purchased a lithium ion battery (12V ,6800mA) to use it for my Aurduino UNO for future robot application XD.

but i think a disaster happened instead !! when I plugged the battery to arduino all the 4 LEDs turned ON (as attached in the first photo),in addition,the small atmega chip below USB port got very very hot !!. the battery voltage was almost 11.3 V)

now when i connected it back to my PC it is not detected anymore. and now two LEDs are ON as in the second photo attached (the orange LED is ON even when i press the reset button).

i thought the aurduino should be safe if you powered it with a power supply less than 12V (although it can take up to 20V).
so why mine is not working?? and how can i use a 12V battery safely next time?!!.

I can’t understand where is the problem… :~ :~ The “On” Led is on because there is power on your arduino :D… And the “L” led is the led of pin 13 :D… It’s normal those leds to be On ;)… Also the Uno can’t take up to 20V :disappointed_relieved:, it’s limited on a maximum of 20V and that’s not even recommended… Recommended values are between 6-12V…

zaxarias:
I can't understand where is the problem.. :~ :~ The "On" Led is on because there is power on your arduino :D.. And the "L" led is the led of pin 13 :D.. It's normal those leds to be On ;).. Also the Uno can't take up to 20V :disappointed_relieved:, it's limited on a maximum of 20V and that's not even recommended.. Recommended values are between 6-12V..

the L LED on pin 13 is normal to be on ...but it should do some blinking when you reset the arduino :roll_eyes:.

for the battery i used 11.3 V which should be safe since it is less than 12V... the problem is that it is not detected by windows anymore :roll_eyes:

basem:

zaxarias:
I can't understand where is the problem.. :~ :~ The "On" Led is on because there is power on your arduino :D.. And the "L" led is the led of pin 13 :D.. It's normal those leds to be On ;).. Also the Uno can't take up to 20V :disappointed_relieved:, it's limited on a maximum of 20V and that's not even recommended.. Recommended values are between 6-12V..

the problem is that it is not detected by windows anymore :roll_eyes:

Did you try to unistall your uno from device manager and install it again?
Did you try other usb ports ?

zaxarias:

my arduino was working fine long time ago…but once i plugged to the 12V battery …the shield got very hot and it is no more working.i’m not sure but i think it got burnt.

this was about the ardiuno:
Operating Voltage: 5V
Input Voltage (limit) : 6-20V

what is the difference between these two??

basem:

zaxarias:

my arduino was working fine long time ago...but once i plugged to the 12V battery ..the shield got very hot and it is no more working.i'm not sure but i think it got burnt.

this was about the ardiuno:
Operating Voltage: 5V
Input Voltage (limit) : 6-20V

what is the difference between these two??

Input Voltage (recommended) 7-12V
Input Voltage (limits) 6-20V
The board can be supplied with power either from the DC power jack (7 - 12V), the USB connector (5V), or the VIN pin of the board (7-12V).
Whatever your source is , your arduino operates on 5V .