Help ID part

Please help ID the part in the pictures. This is a board for 7" LCD (cheap from ebay) and the part in the pictures came off. Soldering is not easy and wanted to ID and potentially replace it. It has markings 101 on top of it and is shaped like a cylinder with wire wrapped around it (sorry, I am complete amateur in this).

there is also another part with a similar shape, slightly larger and with 220 marked on it. I measured resistance across both and they both have about 1.6ohm resistance (very low). So, not sure what they do but LCD backlight will not come on without the “101” part soldered back on.

thank you.

39496e74bd49daf742d02d3d047bed0ebb42367d.jpg
65fe56afa107e0e50449bd8dac06425fcf5c5779.jpg
820fd6e7d9988b58284f2499ea25309edf856583.jpg

100uH coil/power inductor

You could try to use a soldering iron, but a hot air rework station is best.

The big question is "why" it came off.

Thank you, Larry. I only have a soldering iron. would it be OK to solder it with short wires rather than directly on the board? it would be easier for me and will do a better job as long as it will not compromise anything.

P.S. in regards to "why" it came off: I am putting it in a custom enclosure and had to take out of the original case. As part of the fitting process I may have pushed it too hard.

I've soldered inductors like that with an iron, and I didn't think it was that bad.

I wouldn't do the wires - you might get away with it if they're really short, but that looks like it's part of a DC-DC converter, and those are layout sensitive.

It looks like it goes on the edge? If so, use a little flux, hold the part off the pad a little so you can easily touch the soldering tip to the pad. Make sure the inductor pad is also touching the pad so the solder will melt, then slide it onto the pad as you pull the solder tip out of there. Then do the outer pad. Same thing really, let it cool a little, put a little flux , and heat.

It would be best to hold the board in a clamp or fixture so it doesn't move, and use tweezers to hold the part. Fingers in close proximity to the solder tip normally result in the part being thrown across the room as you frantically start blowing on your fingers. Just don't push the other nearby components off their pads.