help in control 16 stepper motor 5 v

Hi Every body
this is my first Post
i'm new with arduino
i hope any one help me to control 16 stepper motors 5v with 6 wire(motor for printer)
plz if u can give me full schema for circuit
and code for arduino

i have "arduino uno"

and thank for all

This is Be expensive.

You will need a motor controller for each stepper motor. If you look around on google, you can find a 4 stepper control board.
so you will still need 4 of those, and at over $50 a piece, you'll drop $200 easy. The cheaper alternative will be to build your own stepper controller... but you don't sound like your up for that.

The arduino will not power 16 motors by itself. Actually, depending on what your doing with that motor, the arduino might not even be able to power one. thats why you need a stepper controller.

you will also need a large 5v power supply, capable of delivering 16x the motors max current draw.

thank you Sir for Reply.
there is any other way "chip" to control 16 stepper motor from pc or using PIC

ashraffarid:
i hope any one help me to control 16 stepper motors 5v with 6 wire(motor for printer)

Which motors exactly?

same this motor

Sorry but when we say what motor we are looking is a part number so we can look at the data sheet to see what sort of current those coils take.

the label on one of them
SP-35RF-020KS M&T
83 ohm D8327A2R
"with 6 wires"

othre type
m42sp-5 7.5 step
207230-106 4ohm
lot no B8510

thank you for your help

Those two types of motor need very different sorts of driver.
The SP-35RF-020KS type need feeding with 24V but could be driven with a darlington driver like the ULN2003. This has 8 transistors in it so you would could drive two motors from the one chip. You have to however provide 4 logic outputs from the arduino for each motor. You will need a port expander or shift registers to provide this.

The other motor is a bit more problematic, you say it has 4 Ohm coils but the data sheet I found say it has 50 or 120 ohm coils and should be driven from a 12V or 24V supply depending on the type. The data sheet does not say how to differentiate between the two types. This suggests you can drive it like the first motor, but if it does have only a 4 ohm coil then you will need a chopping regulator type of supply.

There is no chip made that will drive 16 of these motors, you need to drive them one at a time. This is a very big project for a beginner. I suggest you just try and get one going first.

if i use motor one
what is the max number of motors can i used with arduino & ULN2003 and port expander
can you provide schema
thank you and sorry for my question

what is the max number of motors can i used with arduino & ULN2003 and port expander

The number is infinite.

can you provide schema

The second circuit on this page.