Help in driving a low voltage stepper motor

Hello,
Im trying to do a project using an arduino and I need to drive this stepper motor : Shinano kenshi 4V ,1.3A 6-Wire
Im still not an expert in electronics but from what I read that this stepper is a low voltage stepper motor and its hard to drive.
I brought the easydriver to drive the motor but I cant figure out how to drive it because of the low voltage and if it can be done using the easydriver or I need to buy another driver.
I tried to connect the motor as bipolar and connected it to the easydriver with a 12V power supply but it can seem to be moving the load , its stuck it just makes very loud noise but no movement. this is the code test I used:
void setup()
{
pinMode(2,OUTPUT);//step
pinMode(3,OUTPUT);//dir
}

void loop()
{
digitalWrite(3,!(digitalRead(3)));
for (int I=0;I<5000;I++)

{
digitalWrite(2,HIGH);
digitalWrite(2,LOW) ;
delayMicroseconds(200);
}
}

could it be the pulse stepping is too fast ??

Can you help me with any solutions to that issue and what are some ways I can drive this motor in its full power ( Speed is not important as long as it drives the load)

Thank you

Yes. Too fast. Try 200 milliseconds to start with.

I tried to lower the speed but its still the same

These links should provide some useful background information

Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code

...R

Most stepper drivers have minimum HIGH time. Try 100-1000 microseconds delay between the two digitalWrite()s.

MorganS:
Most stepper drivers have minimum HIGH time. Try 100-1000 microseconds delay between the two digitalWrite()s.

I would be very surprised if it needs to be more than 10 µsecs. The A4988 only requires 1 µsec.

...R

MorganS:

No that's not needed. The industry standard is a 10us pulse because this allows for using normal (slow)
optocouplers which take several microseconds to switch. Most stepper drivers handle pulse rates up
to 100kHz or so.

My advice is to use AccelStepper library (you can't expect a large motor to jump to speed in one step,
you need to ramp the speed which is what the AccelStepper library gives you).

Start with an acceleration value of 100 steps/sec/sec, and max speed of 100 steps/sec, and that should
be fine for almost anything.

Check your wiring too, just in case. Remember never to hot-plug/unplug a stepper motor while the
driver is powered up, bad things normally happen, so be sure the connections are solid too.