help in getting  2 C codes into one hex.

I don't know how to ask this question but I will have a go.

If I have 2 bits of code from different sources “puh.c” this is for button input and a second file “lcd.c” for a display how do I get them on to Arduino as one file.

I understand I may need extra software. Can anyone please explain how to get these 2 C codes into one hex.

Sorry if above is stupid but my brains fried and I need a bit of a pointer.

This is a list of software I have. AVR studio 4. Micro C for Pro Arduino And some others that came with Mikroelektronika

I also see a lot of .aps files on the net can I utilize them.

Sorry for these dumb questions.

I also see a lot of .aps files on the net can I utilize them.

There appear to be multiple definitions of what this extension means. For most of them, the answer is no.

If I have 2 bits of code from different sources “puh.c” this is for button input and a second file “lcd.c” for a display how do I get them on to Arduino as one file.

Using the text editor. Without more details, like the code itself, this is a good an answer as you can expect.

I understand I may need extra software.

No, I don't think so.

Sorry if above is stupid but my brains fried

Well, that certainly won't make the rest of your life any easier.

Popsworld, this is not the right board to ask your question. Go to the software board and possibly interface sub-board.

Anyway, your question seems to indicate that you don't know c programming. You don't need extra software to combine the two codes but your brain (which is in a short-circuited condition) is required to rid whatever duplicate functions and definitions and reassign different names in case of duplicate names. You can't combine two c codes into one HEX, that's called compile and it's a different problem than combining, which you should worry about first.

If the codes are not long, post the codes, again on the right board. Someone may be nice enough to help out.

The IDE editor does have the capability of adding new tabs which can each hold additional source code files, which will all be compiled together. However you still need to deal with duplicates as stated above.

Lefty

Sorry for posting in wrong forum I see what you're saying. Again sorry.

The above is exactly what I was looking for everything is clear'ish now. Thanks.