Help! Inputs, Outputs, and General Wiring

Background: I hate to admit this to the group here, but I took an Industrial Electronics class a few years ago and I have never applied what I learned in that class until now. I think I may have bit off more than I can chew on my own, but with a little help from all of you here (or maybe a lot), I think I can tackle this small project.

I got this wild hair to power my reloading powder dump with a servo and bought the following components from Adafruit for my project:

• Adafruit METRO 328 with Headers (ATmega328) (ID 2488)
  • 9 VDC 1000mA regulated switching power adapter - UL listed (ID:63)
  • Foot switch (ID:423)
  • Standard Size - High Torque - Metal Gear Servo (ID:1142)

I also have a breadboard and jumpers. I don't currently have any other electrical components (resistors, diodes, etc).

Desired Outcome: My thought process with these components was that I would be able to press the foot switch (input) which would activate my servo (output) to rotate at a programed rotation of 120 degrees. When I let off the foot switch, the servo would return to home position (or 0 degrees). I was thinking it would be a simple plug and play, but now that I'm looking at these components, I don't think it will be that simple.

My questions for you all here:

• Is there a way to program what I have described above?
  • What additional components will I need?
  • What will my wiring diagram look like with resistors and such?

Those ID numbers are not very helpful. Could you please post links? The forum guidelines in the sticky post shows you how.

First piece of advice: ask for guidance and then spend your money. Don't spend your money first and then ask for advice about the mistakes you made after!

Mistake #1: the servo you purchased has a max voltage of 6V. So you can't wire it to the power adaptor you bought. The Arduino has an on-board 5V regulator, but that can't supply enough current for the servo without overheating.

Which powder dump? Powder is: ball, stick, flake?

PaulRB:
Those ID numbers are not very helpful. Could you please post links? The forum guidelines in the sticky post shows you how.

First piece of advice: ask for guidance and then spend your money. Don't spend your money first and then ask for advice about the mistakes you made after!

Mistake #1: the servo you purchased has a max voltage of 6V. So you can't wire it to the power adaptor you bought. The Arduino has an on-board 5V regulator, but that can't supply enough current for the servo without overheating.

If you type in the ID number at Adafruit in their search bar, it pulls up the component I'm referencing.

Here are the links:

First mistake noted. What components would you suggest to achieve the desired outcome? Will anything I bought work for my project? I got that particular servo because I need the high torque.

dougp:
Which powder dump? Powder is: ball, stick, flake?

I have the RCBS Uniflow and the powder used in it is mostly ball or flake. Anything of the stick assortment I am usually loading at low volume (50 cases max in a sitting) so I just use my chargemaster for that. I don't think the high torque servo has enough umpf to break sticks that get caught in the powder dump cylinder. This is mainly an experimental project to see if I can get more consistent charges by having an electrical component rotate my cylinder.

First mistake noted.

Second mistake. I asked you to read the forum guidelines so that you know how to post links correctly. You ignored my advice. Well, ok, but three strikes and i won't attempt to help you any more.

Your power supply must be able to delivery at least the stall current of that servo - which Adafruit fails to list on their description page. Major fail of them.

5V is easiest, as you can directly connect your Arduino as well.