HELP: Intefacing two I2C Sensors with Single Arduino UNO

Hi everyone,

I am currently undertaking my thesis and have been using the MAX30105 Temperature Sensor and the VEML6030 Ambient Light Sensor with my Arduino UNO board. I have interfaced them both seperately and am getting proper readings and connection.
I am looking to simulatenously connect both sensors to my Arduino UNO to get both temperature and ambient light readings at the same time. I have interfaced a breadboard in order to connect both of the sensors into a Power, Ground, SDA and SCL pin on the Arduino.

I am aware that I2C ports can read from the same SDA and SCL pins, I just need to define the two sensors as different adresses but am struggling to do this with the supplied code SparkFun has provided. I only picked up Arduino and circuitry very recently and am unsure on how to tweak the code in order to provide different adresses for each sensor. My attempt at combining the code of the two sensors, which both worked seperately, can be seen below.

#include <Wire.h>

#include "MAX30105.h"  //Get it here: http://librarymanager/All#SparkFun_MAX30105
MAX30105 particleSensor;
#include "SparkFun_VEML6030_Ambient_Light_Sensor.h"
#define AL_ADDR 0x48

SparkFun_Ambient_Light light(AL_ADDR);
float gain = .125;

// Possible integration times in milliseconds: 800, 400, 200, 100, 50, 25
// Higher times give higher resolutions and should be used in darker light. 
int time = 100;
long luxVal = 0; 

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Serial.println("Initializing...");

// Initialize sensor
  if (particleSensor.begin(Wire, I2C_SPEED_FAST) == false) //Use default I2C port, 400kHz speed
  {
    Serial.println("MAX30105 was not found. Please check wiring/power. ");
    while (1);
  }

particleSensor.setup(0); //Configure sensor. Turn off LEDs
  //particleSensor.setup(); //Configure sensor. Use 25mA for LED drive

particleSensor.enableDIETEMPRDY(); //Enable the temp ready interrupt. This is required.

light.setGain(gain);
  light.setIntegTime(time);

Serial.println("Reading settings..."); 
  Serial.print("Gain: ");
  float gainVal = light.readGain();
  Serial.print(gainVal, 3); 
  Serial.print(" Integration Time: ");
  int timeVal = light.readIntegTime();
  Serial.println(timeVal);

}

void loop()
{
  float temperature = particleSensor.readTemperature();

Serial.print("temperatureC=");
  Serial.print(temperature, 4);

float temperatureF = particleSensor.readTemperatureF(); //Because I am a bad global citizen

Serial.print(" temperatureF=");
  Serial.print(temperatureF, 4);

Serial.println();

luxVal = light.readLight();
  Serial.print("Ambient Light Reading: ");
  Serial.print(luxVal);
  Serial.println(" Lux");  
  delay(1000);

}

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thank you

FYI, in my serial monitor the message "initializing" is repeated.

First, when each sensor was in by itself what was the I2C address you got from running I2C scanner?

Typically, you would solder or cut a 'jumper' on the board to change the I2C address.

If you go to the Sparkfun site for this sensor and look at the backside of the board, you'll see the jumper to change the I2C address. SparkFun Ambient Light Sensor - VEML6030 (Qwiic) - SEN-15436 - SparkFun Electronics

I'm sure you can figure the other one out from the hints provided. Don't forget, research.