HELP: Interfacing the ZS-X11B

Hi guys,

I was hoping somebody could shed some light on how to use the ZS-X11B BLDC motor driver? I bought one from Aliexpress, and am having trouble using it. (sensorless, I don't have any hall sensors)

Basically, from the info I have gathered, the setup should be as follows:

The OUTPUT connector has 5 wires. 3 wires (orange, yellow and white) go to the BLDC motor, while 2 wires (red / black) are for power (5V - 36V)

There is a potentiometer attached for speed control (I assume modifying the externally applied PWM signal)

There is a 3-pin header for selecting the rotation direction.

There is a 2-pin header for the PWM signal.

Okay, so what I have done so far:

1) Connect the BLDC motor (A2217, which works fine with a "Server Test" BLDC ESC) to the MA, MB and MC wires (no particular order).
2) Connect the 3-pin header jumper so that the motor rotates CCW.
3) Leave the potentiometer alone
4) Connect a frequency generator to the PWM and GND two-pin header.
5) Connect the power wires to a 12V / 6A max power supply.

I turned on the power supply, and the red led on the board lights up.
Then, I set the potentiometer so it is 1/2 between max rotatable limits (50%?)
Then, I set the frequency generator to 50% duty cycle, 40kHz square wave (0V-5V)

When I do this, I expect turning the FG channel on would start the motor spinning, but I get nothing. No extra current draw or anything. Next I tried rotating the potentiometer back and forth, but no change. Then I tried changing the FG to 1kHz all the way up to 100kHz (50% duty cycle) but no change.

If anybody out there can shed some light on how to use this ZS-X11B driver board, it would be greatly appreciated! Maybe a recommended PWM frequency / duty cycle that worked for you?

![|500x500](https://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/253500207584-0-1/s-l1000.jpg)

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=520045.0

If I just hook 12V DC to the red and black should I receive 3 three phase voltage out of the white yellow and green wires without hooking this to a microcontroller?

@codypanos5

If you would like to edit your post using the guidance below I will split it to a new topic of its own.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

Bob.