Help, is this possibe?

Hi

I have an idea to make a scale carpet. usind pressure sensitive plastic as coating. So far I'm there but here's were I get lost:

I want to differ different steps for different people, or actually which feet is making the pressure. The idea is to gather and send data from the person walking, showing if he or she has a limp.

Anyone know if it's possible?

/Anders

No, unless you have lots of money and time.

What scale were you planning? 1:1? 1:16?

Well, the way I see it, it's the difference between the readings that are interesting. Have thought of maybe dividing the "carpet" in thinner sections. like roads besides each other. you could maybe have a predecided direction of the reading of sensors. the first one to get a value will all ways be left foot and the second the right?! maybe I'm thinking from the wrong angle....

What are you going to use as the sensor? How many sensors?

Why are you doing this project? .

Vetsoltech: Well, the way I see it, it's the difference between the readings that are interesting. Have thought of maybe dividing the "carpet" in thinner sections. like roads besides each other. you could maybe have a predecided direction of the reading of sensors. the first one to get a value will all ways be left foot and the second the right?! maybe I'm thinking from the wrong angle....

A clarification, lower road number of the two reads = left and so on

anything the mind can conceive,
and believe
it can achieve

so, the simple answer to your question is YES.

some might say that needs to be appended with

… as long as you have unlimited resources
and unlimited time.

imagine pressure sensors every 6 sq inches. one goes high another goes high the first goes low a third goes high

the cadence or timing between stesp would indicate the symetry of the walk. the distance between would incidate the stride

someone with a limp would have a cadence that would be different.

lots of testing with timing would be in order, but it is not beyond the scope of Arduino's

It would be MUCH simpler to attach the sensors to the shoes of the patient. Then you have no problem distinguishing between left and right and which person makes which impression. Have the patient carry the device while walking (hang it around their neck or so).

Force sensitive film is one possible material. Sensors can be cut to fit in shoes. I like the ballistic impact example.

http://www.sensorfilmkit.com/