Help making 4 flashing leds flash together please.

Hello this is my first time on a forum please be gentle if this isn't the right place to post this.

I've been having afew issues nothing crazy just basic stuff im an rc enthusiast and like to make my rc cars light up.

Ive recently been trying to get individual flashing leds to flash together all four at the same time but right now they alternate from led 1 , 2 . 3 . 4 then back to 1 and so on.

Im not doing anything fancy and would like to keep it as basic as possible right now as im very new to electronics in general.

All im using is 4 leds twisted together on to a 9v battery plug.

Im wondering if theres anything I can add close to the battery that will store a charge and release it to all leds at the same time or anything basic like that.

Or if I could use non flashing leds and add something in the circuit that cuts the power at 1 second intervals for 1 second.

Thats my post but after thats answered I would like to discuss the special thing ive seen on the previous page micro controllers and stuff like that programmable leds would be amazing but only if its cost effective so I could also make my club friends the kit too. But for now im hoping somebody can help me get leds to flash in time with each other please.

Sorry if this is the right section or forum for this but I read afew google searches and ended up signing here.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message

Welcome to the forum, we are nice people here. :)

I'll move this to programming questions, sounds like that is what it is.

How to use this forum

Can you please post your code so we can better help you?

Hello and welcome
I assume that the LEDs that you already have do not have a method of controlling their flashing rate and that you power them up, they flash, and that’s it.

If I were you I would abandon the flashing LEDs as you suggest and use standard one. Using an Arduino it is easy to make the LEDs flash together or in any sequence at any frequency that you could reasonably want. You could even control this by using a spare RC channel if you have one.

The best way to develop this would be to use an Arduino Uno but once you have worked things out you could use a much smaller and cheaper microcontroller package.

This is a very simple problem. Wire the leds in parralel This is a parralel circuit:

As you can see, the leds are wired PARRALEL to each other. The resistors (the squiggly lines) protect the LEDS from ‘burning out’ when too much voltage is applied.
Then use this code to flashL

/*
  Blink
  Turns on an LED on for one second, then off for one second, repeatedly.

This example code is in the public domain.
 */

// Pin 13 has an LED connected on most Arduino boards.
// give it a name:
int led = 13; //< connect that to the parallel circuit

// the setup routine runs once when you press reset:
void setup() {                
  // initialize the digital pin as an output.
  pinMode(led, OUTPUT);     
}

// the loop routine runs over and over again forever:
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(led, HIGH);   // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
  delay(1000);               // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(led, LOW);    // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
  delay(1000);               // wait for a second
}

I typed this in a hurry, so don’t expect fritzing schematics.

PS:
You can also use an R/C Time Circuit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RC_time_constant) but this is complex. (no arduino for this one)

I typed this in a hurry, so don’t expect fritzing schematics.

…or for your Arduino pin 13 to survive the over-current.

Those current limiters in your parallel circuit are too low valued.