help me in rc car project

hey guys thanks for ur big effort , i want to help me in my project , i made rc car controlled by vb but i want to provide this car with parallex - ping ultrasonic sensor to avoid crashes using arduino atmega 328 so i want a source code to control with switches in rc remote

thnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

so i want a source code to control

Here's a start:

void setup () 
{
}

void loop ()
{
}

Come back when you're having problems, and we'll try to help (but we won't write your code for you).

ok thanks but i need to know where will i connect the utlrasonic sensor in rc car ?????????

Well, normally toy R/C cars don't have ultrasonic sensor interfaces, so you're going to have to tell us a whole lot more about what you've got, what you want and how you think you're going to get there.

thnx 4 reply

i want to make it like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V37YFoV3R0&feature=player_embedded

, iam already controlled it with vb by pc i want to stop it with ultra sensor that's all

OK, you still haven't told us which ultrasound sensor you've got.

ping ultrasonic sensor

http://ram-e-shop.com/test11/images/28015_Ultrasonic_sensor.jpg

and i will connect it with ( arduino uno atmega 328 )

thnx - amr

Ah yes, my least-favourite code example.

So, are you managing to get results from the Ping sensor?

not following

Have you connected the Ping to your Arduino, and used it to test that the Ping is working and returning sensible results?

yesssssssssssss iam already connect the ultrasonic to the ardunio and it's working as measurement but i haven't any idea how to use the measurement to stop the rc car this is the point

thnx 4 ur effort

amr

Post whatever code you're using to run the motors and get results from the sensor.

amrhamed: yesssssssssssss iam already connect the ultrasonic to the ardunio and it's working as measurement but i haven't any idea how to use the measurement to stop the rc car this is the point

thnx 4 ur effort

amr

And why don't you start writing properly... Capitals, periods, real words... no shortcutting like teenagers with SMS.

Kari

i haven't any idea how to use the measurement to stop the rc car this is the point

I take that to mean that you've already got the car to start.

yes i already had rc car but i need heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

Yes, you do. Take your keyboard and give it a good shake and see if it unsticks your 'e' key.

Help - what do you need help with? Be specific.

It doesn't look like a simple Job...

Your car is now driven by PC, but did you already implement the arduino in some way ?

It's probably not that hard to switch off the motors when the sensor detects an object.

What should it do after that ? Stand still or take action ?

Driven by a PC... I'd guess the driver (pc) should also know when it happens. Otherwise it will keep on sending commands while the car just stands still.

With two drivers, Arduino and PC, which one should command the car and how would you like them to communicate ?