Help me read what's written on the web pages

Why are the Arduino web pages rendered in tiny light grey type on a white or grey background? How about changing to nice big black 12- or 14-point type? This would make reading the material ever so much easier. Thanks. -Al

I have never had an issue, are you sure your contrast is ok on your monitor?

You can use zoom on your web browser to make text bigger. If you are on firefox then it will remember your preference for that page and make the text larger every time you are on the page.

Mowcius

This is exactly the kind of response that drives people away, i.e. blaming the user. I have no problem with any other website, nor with my browser, nor with my monitor. The text IS too small, and the text IS light grey on a white background. --Al

This is exactly the kind of response that drives people away, i.e. blaming the user.

I was not trying to blame you.
That is just a common reason why text can not seem to show up enough.

I do see your point though. I suppose the text is a bit small and grey is maybe not the greatest colour…

Mowcius

Doesn't really bother me

In Firefox use <Ctrl+’+’> to switch to a bigger font size.
I haven’t used the Internet Explorer in the last few years, maybe it uses the same shortcut?

Eberhard

I can read it ok but it does seem quite a bit smaller than other sites that I use.

Things like IE text size don't seem to affect it either.

By the way, you can change the size of the text in any particular post.

Look just below the text box on the far right and you see "Text size: 11 px" with a +/- to make it bigger(this is 15). At least you can make it easier on everone else :).

Don't know if there's any way to change the default though.

Also - it doesn't seem to show any bigger on the forum. Looks great editing though!

your post didn't look any different than any of the other posts.

Maybe it only works in the composition window.

(There's a separate font size thing up top. Let's see if THAT works!)

I think the text is too big actually.

I hate to bring this party down, but I understood the OP to be talking about the main pages, and not really the fourms

seriously have you LOOKED at anything in the reference or playground?

http://www.cheesefactory.us/filecenter/Untitled.jpg

thats on my 1280x1024 19 inch main lcd and its difficult, my P.O.S 15 inch 1024x768 bench lcd its impossible

:-/

now dont get me wrong I love the playground and the opportunity to use and expand it, and the reference is pretty darn complete, just be nice if i could read it without having to fiddle with firefox and highlight the text (and thats with my glasses on)

I agree, the main Arduino web pages unreadible aspecially on small lcd screens. But Forum pages pretty good.

In Firefox do View/Page Style/No Style. Voila... black text on a white background. OK, you loose some of the formatting, but it works well enough. If you're knowledgable enough you could prbably use something like Greasemonkey to alter the CSS of the page to whatever you like.

it would just be easier if they got a theme that didnt stink

Those responsible for the website and those following this thread might want to take a look at this website:

http://www.cameratim.com/personal/soapbox/morons-in-webspace

And particularly this section:

http://www.cameratim.com/personal/soapbox/morons-in-webspace#fixed-resolution

Don

Yes, I agree with most of that. The web pages could do with a re-design and as commented on by Osgeld, the text often flows off the 'background' and doesn't wrap properly.

Those responsible for the website and those following this thread might want to take a look at this website: Quote: http://www.cameratim.com/personal/soapbox/morons-in-webspace

And particularly this section: Quote: http://www.cameratim.com/personal/soapbox/morons-in-webspace#fixed-resolution

Don

I think that is a bit harsh. I don't know if that style was pre-existing before it was used for arduino.cc or if someone on the team wrote it (or used a stupid program to write it, frontpage etc - could be the issue!).

Maybe someone could write a new stylesheet and send it to them. Or are you just prepared to complain but not help...

Mowcius

Or are you just prepared to complain but not help...

well i WAS prepared to, really the whole theme could almost stay the same, with some minor editing to enlarge the font size, darken its color and expand that center table so it floats (and centers) with resolution

It should not be all that difficult, IF i knew what software they were using on the front end i would even do it my self

Maybe we can get the powers to point out which theme and system they are using

Hi,

Maybe someone could write a new stylesheet and send it to them.

We've been through that. You simply need to write a stylesheet for PMWiki that renders the same way on

Opera Safari IE5 IE6 IE7 IE8 FireFox 2.x Firefox 3.x Konquerer forgot one??? Any complaints about not being able to read the articles on an IPhone???

Don't forget you have to support this in all OS Flavours

The current Playground-stylesheet works fine as long as the author read the instructions about how code should be wrapped http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Main/Participate#contribrules

Apart from that you can still use the print-view option on the top of the page.

Eberhard

Maybe we can get the powers to point out which theme and system they are using

Its all there on the playground; scroll down until you reach the participate-section on the left sidebar.

There is nothin secret there

OK, this is the first time I ever write this but ... RTFM

Eberhard

In Internet Explorer, the + and - combo also enlarges/shrinks the text. There’s also a magnifying glass and a drop-down box in the lower-right corner to change the size. IE does seem to remember the changes, though I’ve only tested it by going to a different site and coming back - it might not remember if you close the window.

As for color, the part I have reading is the white on light blue. Using the mouse to highlight text often helps.