Help me Spec a MOSFET

Hi guys and gals,
I’m looking for a bit of guidance on the best MOSFET for my application. I am using an Arduino DUE to turn on and off a multitude of High Power Contactors (Gigavac GX26). I am plenty familiar with the software side of things but spacing out hardware is not my strong suit and I am sure that some of you are experts in that. If you could help me spec out the best FET for the job I would really appreciate it. In the past I have used a photovoltaic transistor to drive the mosfets since the 3.3v logic level of the Due is not very useful for that task.

The specs on the coil of the contractor are:
Coil Voltage Nominal: 12v (this is in a vehicle application running at 13.6V)
Coil Voltage Max: 16V
Pick-Up Voltage Max: 8v
Drop out Voltage: 0.5 to 4.5V
Pick Up Current Max: 3.8A
Coil Current: 0.64A
Coil Power: 7.8W
The unit is internally suppressed with the appropriate flyback diode

Attached is the circuit that I have designed for this job. I have built this once before with relatively good success but I really need this next iteration to be spiced correctly and as such I am unsure of the best components to go with.

Thank you in advance for the help!

I believe the DUE's outputs are rated 7mA max, how much opto coupler LED current is required to put at least 6V on the IRF540 gates? Can the DUE do that times 10?

Different pins on the Due have different current limits, consult the datasheet of the chip for the grisly details.

Opto-couplers have a current transfer ratio spec - how much output current for how much input current,
base your calculations on the minimum value of that. The resistors on the opto outputs determine how much
current is needed at the output, MOSFETs take no DC current, so you can tune the output current to whatever
you want.

However small currents will mean slower switching as MOSFET gates are capacitors.

Typical current transfer ratios for photo-transistor style opto couplers are roughly around 0.5--1.0

You can get PV output opto-couplers for directly driving MOSFETs BTW.