help me understand please

hello,,

I'm new in the group and also new in arduino world , and it means I got tons of questions....sorry to bother man but I really just need answers..

1. How do you use arduino in stuff like rc planes? I mean arduinos needed to be programmed first to be operational, but do you use another arduino board at the transmitter and another board at the receiver? If that's the case how do you program the arduino at the receiver part (that when you hit the specific button an output in the receiver will perform such function based on the transmitter)..
    Is it possible?
    Or if I';m wrong please correct me, :slight_smile:

but do you use another arduino board at the transmitter and another board at the receiver?

Yes you can do that.

If that's the case how do you program the arduino at the receiver part (that when you hit the specific button an output in the receiver will perform such function based on the transmitter)

You look for the button press on the transmitter Arduino and have it send a serial message to the receiver.
At the receiver you read the serial message and do a lump of code depending on what message you receive. You use if statements to match the incoming message with all the possible messages to see what one you have.

thanks, but one more question pls…
Do you need transmitter or receiver module for it to be wireless? or the arduino just send it automatically at the other board? :slight_smile:

Yes you need a transmitter and receiver module.

The nRF24L01+ transceivers should be suitable for controlling a model plane. Probably use one of the high power versions with the external antenna for the ground unit to get greater range.

This Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial should help to explain how they are used.

...R

thanks "robin2" I put it on my bookmark

but I got another question
what if I want to add camera that can send the video it gathered LIVE
any suggestions?

jhave_21:
but I got another question
what if I want to add camera that can send the video it gathered LIVE
any suggestions?

Video (or even still imaging) is far beyond the capability of an Arduino. I suggest you buy a camera with its own transmitter and receiver.

...R

appreciate it man,, question on where I can learn programming on stuff like this?

jhave_21:
appreciate it man,, question on where I can learn programming on stuff like this?

There is the learning section of this Forum and there are dozens or hundreds of online tutorials for Aruino programming. And there are lots of example programs included with the Arduino IDE.

Have a look at the Useful Links Thread.

There is a lot of learning ahead of you if you want to make a successful model aircraft controller. Are you already a competent flyer of model aircraft?

Be aware that a significant part of any control system is the control logic which really is separate from the program code that implements it.

I am using a system almost identical to what is the 2nd example of my tutorial to control model trains.

...R

http://www.cplusplus.com/ and this site provide lots of tutorials on C++ and Arduino specifics. For everything else, there's Google.