Help needed for ultrasonic with ESP8266-01

Hi guys, there is so many tutorial on ultrasonic range finder using HC-SR04, can i use this project as wireless? I mean I have a ESP8266 wifi module, and I know it can use with PIR, but can I use HC-SR04 so that I can recive data in wireless? :slight_smile:
I am newbie in arduino, :confused:
so I'm not a coder guy! can you help me please? :confused:

Sure you can. I recommend you do the project in three stages:

• Write a sketch that uses the ESP8266 to get distance readings from the HC-SR04 and print them to the Serial Monitor.
  • Write a sketch that sends the string "hello world" from your ESP8266 to some other device (computer or whatever you want to receive the HC-SR04 readings on) via WiFi.
  • Combine the two sketches to send the HC-SR04 readings over Wifi.

Make sure to save the sketches you wrote in stages 1 and 2 to use as test sketches later if you need to troubleshoot one of the components of your system.

I don't get it.. :frowning:

can you lookup the code please, I don't understand where to put what for esp8266 :confused:

http://projects.treadstoneweb.com/arduino/ultrasonic_sensor/UltrasonicSensor.ino

and one question, which app should I use if i want to make show data reading on my android?

Rakib475:
can you lookup the code please, I don't understand where to put what for esp8266 :confused:

Please post it here.

and one question, which app should I use if i want to make show data reading on my android?

You'll have to write your own.
It's quite simple, complete SDK and lots of info on the Internet, and it's all Java.