Help needed, how do i connect 10 RGB LEDs to be controlled individually

Hi, I am new to Arduino and would like to learn and use it for my final year project. I have been using Tinkercard to learn the simulation however they don't have components like the IR Sensor.

I have a few questions that I hope could be answered:

1. How do I connect multiple RGB LEDs to be controlled individually via the IR sensor?

Eg. One RGB LEDs to be controlled by one IR sensor. When a car is sensed by the IR sensor in that particular parking lot, the RGB LEDs will be changed from Green(Initial) to Red, indicating that the lot has been occupied.

I understand that there are limited input/output pins in Arduino Uno.

1. How do i add input/output pins to Arduino so that it can fit more than 10 LEDs and 10 Sensor? Which There are also other components like 2 servo motor, 2 LCDs. What component is needed for me to achieve that?

I really couldn't find the solution online. Please help, really appreciate it.

Well, options to connect multiple RGB LEDs include connecting them in a matrix and using a matrix driver - a MAX7219 which will drive 16 RGB LEDs if you want all three colours (or simple combinations) or 32 if you only want red and green.

You could also use multiple TPIC6B595s to drive common anode RGB LEDs up to just short of a watt each colour if that suited, eight drive pins on each chip.

Or you could use "NeoPixels" - WS2812 integrated drive LEDs - with a couple of hundred driven by a single Arduino pin.

However ...

Your suggestion of monitoring a parking lot means that there would be long connections between the individual parts, requiring a completely different configuration. Essentially each indicator and sensor would be controlled by its own Arduino (Pro Mini) with some communication structure, possibly using RS422, or else an ESP-01 module communicating with the central station by WiFi.

I understand that there are limited input/output pins in Arduino Uno.

Many beginners see this as an important and serious limitation, because they have not yet learned the secret. Many beginners use this as an excuse to buy a Mega, because they really want to own a Mega, because that's the "best" Arduino there is, in the opinion of beginners. Fine, they can go buy a Mega if it makes them feel good, but usually they do not really need a Mega and an Uno will do the job, if you know the secret.

The secret is sharing Arduino pins between devices, if you know which devices to use. As Paul already mentioned, with RGB LEDs like ws2812, hundreds of LEDs can share the same Arduino pin. Another example is LCD displays. A basic LCD like 1602 with no "backpack" needs 6 Arduino pins. But with 2 X 1602, they can share 5 pins, and only need one dedicated pin each, so 7 pins for 2 LCDs. LCDs with "backpacks" can share the same 2 Arduino pins for several LCDs, and share those 2 pins with other devices like sensors.

I really couldn't find the solution online.

Really?

or on a board ready made

https://uk.banggood.com/CJMCU-2317-MCP23017-I2C-Serial-Interface-16-bit-IO-Expander-Serial-Module-p-1221484.html: https://uk.banggood.com/CJMCU-2317-MCP23017-I2C-Serial-Interface-16-bit-IO-Expander-Serial-Module-p-1221484.html

Or

Or
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283358656461