HELP NEEDED - trying to make a project which logs in facebook using a fingerprin

Hi all,

I am trying to make a school project in order to log in facebook using a fingerprint. I am using Arduino Uno and a fingerprint sensor from adafruit. I have successfully managed to setup the initial project which allows users to register fingerprints and then checking if fingerprints exists.

The problem is that I would like to use the ChromeDriver to open facebook and fill out the username and password which is connected to the respective fingerprint.

Do you have any ideas how to achieve this because I am running out of time :( :(

(deleted)

It sounds like something that will type your Facebook password into a text entry field when you present your finger would do the trick. That would be much easier with an Arduino Leonardo or Micro which supports the Keyboard library. There would be a risk that someone could take your Arduino and extract your Facebook password from it.

The basic sketch would be: Identify the person associated with the finger presented. Send their password out with the Keyboard library.

Just be sure the cursor is in the password field when you place your finger on the reader.

You have the hardware and the software for the hardware. You probably need to write a python script to log into Facebook now.

Never heard of 'ChomrDriver'.. and you didnt link to it.. so no clue what its for/does.

I would say that John W. has suggested the easiest approach.

You could also use a WAMP/LAMP type set up to also have some database logging. (I actually posted a fingerprint project for some other members that uses ethernet, PHP and MySQL to check for logging in/out times..etc.. if you do a search, might be a base to work from)

Either way.. you're not going to get away from having a pre-defined user/password list (somewhere).

The fingerprint scanner itself might allow for some extras? But what finger print reader are you using? (link?)

Does it allow for other information to be saved along with the fingerprint?

If so.. you could save this data at the same time you are enrolling a new person/fingerprint.

Are you concerned about security at all?

I would think logging each transaction to a database.. along with some minor PHP code.. could give you a pretty decent platform to work from.. (checking for in and out times.. or any other sort of behavior you might want to add.. locked out between x & x times...etc)

johnwasser: It sounds like something that will type your Facebook password into a text entry field when you present your finger would do the trick. That would be much easier with an Arduino Leonardo or Micro which supports the Keyboard library. There would be a risk that someone could take your Arduino and extract your Facebook password from it.

The basic sketch would be: Identify the person associated with the finger presented. Send their password out with the Keyboard library.

Just be sure the cursor is in the password field when you place your finger on the reader.

I am already at the point where I can register fingerprints specifying an id, and then using another sketch I can place my finger on the fingerprint sensor and then the sensor is gonna recognize the fingerprint and is going to print the respective id. My idea was to have a java application (could be any kind of application, i put java because I am more comfortable with it) running and waiting for this ID to be retrieved. And then I would use that Id to retrieve the respective user information (username, password) from a local database (or just a map). After doing this I would be able to use the Chrome Driver to open Chrome, navigate to facebook.com, fill in the username and password fields and press the sign in button automatically.

My question is, how do I get that value from arduino itself and feed it to my java program.

xl97:
Never heard of ‘ChomrDriver’… and you didnt link to it… so no clue what its for/does.

You could also use a WAMP/LAMP type set up to also have some database logging. (I actually posted a fingerprint project for some other members that uses ethernet, PHP and MySQL to check for logging in/out times…etc… if you do a search, might be a base to work from)

Either way… you’re not going to get away from having a pre-defined user/password list (somewhere).

The fingerprint scanner itself might allow for some extras? But what finger print reader are you using? (link?)

Does it allow for other information to be saved along with the fingerprint?

If so… you could save this data at the same time you are enrolling a new person/fingerprint.

Are you concerned about security at all?

I would think logging each transaction to a database… along with some minor PHP code… could give you a pretty decent platform to work from… (checking for in and out times… or any other sort of behavior you might want to add… locked out between x & x times…etc)

hi there and thank you for your reply! Chrome Driver is only a webdriver which runs Chrome from an application and it is usually used with Selenium to do UI testing. I would only use it to open Chrome Browser to navigate to facebook and fill out the username and password fields.

having a predefined username/password list somewhere is ok, and I am also not worried about security.
The fingerprint scanner im using is this: Fingerprint sensor : ID 751 : $49.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits
This scanner is able to register fingerprints and stores them with an Id which the user has to specify.
Then i have another sketch which scans your fingerprint and searches through all the fingerprints which are previously stored and if it finds a match it retrieves the Id of the match.

Now I am stuck here because I dont know how to use that Id retrieved from outside the arduino IDE.
I currently output that value using the Serial.print() method.

My question is, how do I get that value from arduino itself and feed it to my java program.

The Serial interface is probably easiest. Serial.print or Serial.write the data and code the Java app to read it from serial.

If you look at twitter instead there is code available with examples to “tweet” From an internet connected Arduino and it’s easy to do