Help needed

i am planning to control my home appliances such as lights and fan using arduino uno and Esp 8266 and SSR 5v relays.i can able to control lights from mobile app.But i need to monitor the live status of the appliances(ON or OFF).i had one idea that convert each device 230v to 5v and read that voltage via micro controller then send back the data to mobile App.Any other ideas would be helpful If you have any idea let me know

Use a current sensor. There are two types. Noninvasive current transformers like SCT13 and hall effect based current sensors like ACS712. Use a type for expected current and some reserve.

Thanks for the reply :)

i ll try and let u know,But i have one small doubt.Is that how every home automation devices showing live status or any other techniques they are using? sorry for my poor english

anbu123: i ll try and let u know,But i have one small doubt.Is that how every home automation devices showing live status or any other techniques they are using?

yes. if the device measures the power then current transformer is used in combination with a voltage measurement

Okay. Thanks for your time :) i am using 4 channel relay so i must need 4 current sensors to measure 4 different devices.i want to reduce price.is there anyway i can convert in to 5v and send back to microcontroller to app.Do you have any circuits??

there are modules for arduino to connect to analog port. google. I use Grove current sensor. it can measure up to 5 A.

okay thanks :) i can connect arduino analog pin dir ectly to grove sensor??

yes all Grove modules are ready to connect to pins. the Grove base shield is only a connector adapter. but I recommend it if you use more Grove modules.